tailgating tonight...and a first drive WRX STi | FerrariChat

tailgating tonight...and a first drive WRX STi

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by BriSalig, Nov 30, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BriSalig

BriSalig Formula Junior

Aug 29, 2002
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    What ******!

I just got back from poker with some of my boys, and a quick swing by a party, and I pulled into my neighborhood right behind one of my neighbors. It was 1:30 in the morning. I had taken my WRX home earlier that night, and taken my mothers QX4 for the rest of the night....(i really dont know why, but I wanted to drive an automatic) It has those super bright xenon lights, and I was right behind this neighbor on the way through the neighborhood.

When i got inside, I saw someone tapping on my window, so I ran around front and went outside. My neighbor, (who is like 25) was maybe a little drunk, but really really pissed about me being so close to him. I really wasnt that close to him on the way into the neighborhood!! He saw me through a tinted mirroor out of a tinted suv rear window and he was looking at my xenons. His distance judgement is not nearly as good as mine, I was behind the xenons. He like yelled at me, and told me I was dangerously close, and thats a bad idea. I explained that i did not try to follow so closely, and that I was sorry. I wasnt thinking about it, I was thinking about how I lost 10$ tonight in poker, ect ect.

Do i have a right to be pissed???

P.S, I got to drive a WRX STi today. I LOVED IT. IT WAS SOOOO POWERFUL. My WRX is nothing compared to it. I cant even describe how wonderful that car is to drive. I got to put like 25 miles on it. Its a friends brand new car. I really really like it and highly recoment it to anyone intersted!!

2. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    I have an 02 WRX, and would get the STI but I hate the ricer wing!

3. TCM

TCM Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2003
    Tyngsborough, MA
    The STi is a fun little car. It is very Porsche 996tt-like in its driving habits. Get your friend to add an exhaust, downpipe, intake, chip, and maybe even bigger turbos. The car takes to modifications very well and it really improves the performance quite a bit. Below 50mph, it is really a monster. But you sure do have to shift often with such a high diff ratio!!

4. Agent Smith

Agent Smith Formula 3

Apr 20, 2002
    How cool. I've always wanted to take an Sti for a spin :) Glad to hear you enjoyed it!

5. Artherd

Artherd F1 Veteran

Jun 19, 2002
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ben Cannon
    The New STI is nice, but can we take off that silly rear wing?

PS: This is from a 23 year old. Your neighbor is a bit of a hothead. Don't provoke him, let him vent like you did. In this case it DOES NOT MATTER who is right and wrong. Do you want to live in peace or start a conflict you have to live next-door to? (sounds fun for a little while, but really isn't.)

You reacted so far in a very mature and calm manner, this will get you out of trouble later, when it may really matter (eg, cops, bad neighborhood, etc.) Don't waste your time getting pissed at this guy, he's not worth your effort!

Best!
    Ben.

6. DGS

DGS Six Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    I can't say on the STi, but all the track reports indicate that the EVO really does need the silly wing. Without it, the boxy sedan gets a bit tail happy at high speed. Supposedly, the wing gives about 400 lb of downforce (or, more specifically spoils 400 lb of lift) "at speed". (Sorry, haven't gotten more specific data about at what speed.)

Besides, the big wing blocks the xenon headlights of tailgaters. ;)