Tdf at Scottsdale Auction | FerrariChat

Tdf at Scottsdale Auction

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Eilig, Jan 9, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
  2. tifoso2728

tifoso2728 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Apr 30, 2014
    IL
    Full Name:
    DRM
  3. iloveferrari

iloveferrari Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2014
    USA
    I actually saw the oversized shield on a tdf yesterday. Actually it have a old school look to it and I think it's a nice change.

4. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
  5. Tireman

Tireman Karting

Nov 13, 2011
    Canada
  6. 4_Eff_Sake

4_Eff_Sake Formula Junior

Jul 30, 2016
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Nope +1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. richard_wallace

richard_wallace Formula 3

Feb 6, 2004
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Richard Wallace
    They are actually an option, hand painted shields..

I believe that is the exact color options I would pick on the exterior - hand painted shields and all, maybe a little more muted interior..

The TDF is one of the best looking V12s since the 60's IMO.. In nearly any color...

rp456 and Caeruleus11 like this.
  8. U-Boat Commander

U-Boat Commander Formula 3

Jun 7, 2008
    USA
    I've seen the hand painted shields in person and they are nice.

JagShergill likes this.
  9. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    You looking for another ?

Painted or carbon? Love the creativity and colors.

Love it and the shields. Old school like Enzo would have wanted it.

10. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
    Ha ha! No, my GF diva wouldn't allow a second in the garage anyway... :)
    Posted in case anyone else out there is looking for one....
    Also will be interesting to see what number it fetches at auction.

11. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    there are a quite a few available - id be shocked if it goes for a big number

12. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    market price in Europe seems to be from (less than) €850K to €900K - some cars are for sale for €1M + but if there is some logic they are not the ones selling.

13. BarryK

BarryK Formula 3

Dec 17, 2016
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Barry K
  14. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
    That's the one that sat for sale at Copley Motorcars for a number of months. A forum member had it under contract for upper 900's and nearly bought it last fall, but after flying to Massachusetts to inspect the car, he found some condition issues with it. The adjustment handle on the seat was cracked where the bolt goes through, and front nodler had a 1" scratch and crack that needed to be re-resined. Probably done when the car was being on/off-loaded. There was also some question whether that crack may have extended up further into the bumper. Lastly, he mentioned that he was only so-so on the blue interior spec, which is a little off-beat and perhaps not to everyone's taste. Photo of scratch/crack below, with water bottle to show scale.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

15. NeilF8888

NeilF8888 Formula 3

Feb 10, 2005
    Miami Beach
    $910K plus auction purchase fee = $1,000,000+ , still not bad for a boring spec

Camlet1, ewright and Caeruleus11 like this.
  16. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
    Ah, didn't realize that didn't include the 10% buyer's fee.... So this would seem to indicate that the $1M floor is holding.

17. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    My understanding is sometimes these things are negotiable so I would not take the 10% BP, nor the 10% SP as guaranteed. Also if you count that 10% BP then consider the seller let it go for either $910 or perhaps less if there was a fee charged the seller. I have been informed of a few TDF going for $825-900 in the US. Thus, I would think the floor right now is more around 900, but you never know with auctions. My sense of the market in general is a little soft.

18. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    A superb one owner low mileage F12 tdf sold privately in Switzerland a few weeks ago for 840 K Swissies which is 840 K US$.

Marcel Massini

19. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
    #20 Eilig, Jan 18, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2019
    I have a "showcase car" consigned to sell at Russo this weekend Reserve and tried to negotiate the 10% fee prior to listing with them. It was a complete non-negotiable for a Reserve listing. The only thing they'd negotiate is where it appears on the docket, and marketing support for the car.

20. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Thank you @Marcel Massini and also to @Eilig best of luck with your sale. I have heard many stories of auctions. I have never directly been involved so I don't know. I really do think like anything in life, there are always exceptions. It's why, when I look at auction results, I try to remind myself, there are several factors that can skew what this means for the market. I think the TDF is a very special car.

21. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Buyer's premium is never negotiable, it is as described in the conditions of the sale, especially with the big ones such as RM Sotheby's, Gooding, Bonhams.
    Mostly 10% (in USA, not in Europe), RM Sotheby's a bit more as they changed their structure a year ago.

Marcel Massini

gef3rd, LARRYH and Caeruleus11 like this.
  22. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
    This is the first time that I've ever sold a car at auction, so it will be interesting for sure. This car should bring around $200k so who knows, if I had a seven figure car there may have been some room for negotiating the fee. What I do know is that there are a lot of shenanigans that happen at these events, especially with the mysterious phone/online bidders, etc. The thing I have in my favor is that I know of at least three parties who I've corresponded directly with in the recent past who have all said that they will be bidding. The hope is of course that they'll all be active bidders and drive up the price!

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  23. Red Sled

Red Sled Formula Junior

Thanks for the info Marcel.

I have a price target of €700k for a clean but non-fancy spec euro car to use for the 2019 driving season, and there are a few tanatalisingly close offers. The speed at which it has got to these levels has given me second thoughts however!

24. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    #25 ttforcefed, Jan 18, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2019
    at 1M i'd say the car did fine for what it is...i see alot of mediocre/rainbow brite cars coming for sale....i was toying with selling my car last month and clean low mile tasteful cars will be just fine....i think 900k to 1.2M in the USA is a nice place for such a TDF vs f40s etc....at 1.3 to 1.5 it didn't make sense...if they get to 800k they will be incredible buys for the HP, looks, and low production.