Team Bentley racing automobilia goes under hammer | FerrariChat

Team Bentley racing automobilia goes under hammer

Discussion in 'British' started by Bluebottle, Dec 4, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Newbury, Berkshire, England
    Full Name:
    John
    There is some amazing stuff if you are interested in truly historic motor racing memorabilia.:):)

I seriously fancy the full-size model, but fear it will be WELL beyond my budget. :(

Lots 318, 319 and 320 under Bentley in the automobiles sale and the rest in the automobilia sale - most of the interesting Team Bentley stuff starts on this page

Auction of Team Bentley racing automobilia

Historics offers significant collection at its open-to-public sales on 11-12 December

Classic motoring ‘automobilia‘ has long been a part of the collector scene but rarely does it include such unique and historically significant items as those offered by Historics at Ascot Racecourse on Friday 11 and Saturday 12 December.

Pole position undisputedly goes to the 32-lot private collection of items from the Team Bentley 2001-2003 endurance racing campaign that culminated in victory at Le Mans in 2003. All items are from the RTN premises in Norfolk where the team was headquartered during the campaign.

Of the collection – all lots temptingly offered at No Reserve – a full-size GRP show car replica of the 2003 Le Mans-winning Team Bentley Speed 8 (above) is exceptional, finished in the evocative livery of the No.7 Le Mans winning car. Equally collectible is a carbon fibre bodyshell (below), believed to be that of the Team Bentley EXP Speed 8 of 2001, possibly utilised as a spares back-up for the team at the race. And two large-scale wind tunnel models of the Team Bentley EXP Speed 8 are truly historical, labelled No. 002 and 004, measuring some two metres in length.

Further fascinating lots included framed prints of the Team Bentley Speed 8 campaign, a collection of mechanical parts, Team Bentley unused workshop coats and even a third placed trophy from the 2003 12 Hours of Sebring.

Full details and bidder registration – in hall, by phone and online – click here.

BMW.SauberF1Team and tritone like this.
  2. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
  3. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Wow...that show car fiberglass car sold for £126,480 before fees. Seems like a lot, but I guess there aren't many of them out there and probably 1 of a kind and unlikely VAG will sell any of the real 2003 cars. The Sebring 3rd place trophy sold for over £4k and I know there are at least 3 of those 3rd place trophies in existence.