Tesla University: why should he donate it to some college that will waste it?? | FerrariChat

Tesla University: why should he donate it to some college that will waste it??

Discussion in 'Creative Arts' started by bitzman, Feb 12, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    Subject: Tesla University

I read somewhere that Elon Musk, who when TSLA stock was over $2400, was the richest man in the world, is thinking of stating a college. He gets hit all the time from colleges and Universities wanting money but the problem is he wants full accounting of the funds. He probably wants to see any million dollar plus donations he would make is spent on buildings, grounds, housing, but not high pay for dubious expenditures. His asking for paperwork usually results in a rapid disappearance of hand(s) out.
    So I stay start his own institution. Back when he was going to buy rockets from Russia, they jacked up the price so he thought "Why not build our own?'. Here's my suggestions for Tesla University. He is known as a disrupter of the status quo, so I say pile it on.
    -NO SAT TEST this would make applying simpler. The criterion would be proven performance in applicant's high school classes in science, engineering , industrial design. biology or any of the other classes the University would offer.
    -NO REQUIREMENT FOR US CITIZENSHIP Anybody from any country could apply. Musk himself is a double immigrant. Born in South Africa, he moved to Canada, went to college there and then moved to the US. So the Tesla we see today (it was started by two others and he bought into it) wouldn't exist if he hadn't been allowed to move to the U.S.
    -ENCOURAGE HANDICAPPED VETS to apply and build each campus to be wheelchair accessible, plus design and build an electric Tesla wheelchair that all handicapped students are issued.
    --START A CONCOURS D'ELEGANCE similar to Art Center College's show that would encourage the appearance of one off designs. A special category would be classic car styles retrofitted with Tesla drivetrains or chassis.
    -HAVE INDUSTRIAL DESIGN STUDENTS do joint art shows with regular artists and sculptors so car design isn't so "ivory tower" and unreachable a subject to pursue.. One medium could feed the other.

As far as subjects to be taught, all of them would be chosen because Tesla and Space X and Neuralink, etc. all need skills in those areas
    To whit:
    ENGINEERING
    BIOLOGY
    INDUSTRIAL DESIGN
    MINING
    ROCKET SCIENCE
    AERODYNAMICS
    ASTRONOMY
    BIOMETRICS
    ROBOTICS
    Instead of a traditional sports team they would have a computer game team that
    competes in events worldwide.
    And why not a Tesla Workers Children's program? Tesla workers who have logged one year on the job could have their children apply for entrance to the school.
    There would be a Tesla University branch at each Tesla factory--Berlin, Fremont, Austin, Shanghai, ,etc..
    As he negotiates with each new city slated for a factory, that school would be part of the negotiation.
    The Tesla library at each campus would be featuring the latest papers on all the subjects taught in several languages.

WRITE OFF
    You would have to ask a tax attorney whether he could write this off--some might view it as just a training program to groom future employees. But I see it as an educational program he could get enthusiastic about.

Alpintourer likes this.