Testrossa Front Blinker Turn Lens Screws | FerrariChat

Testrossa Front Blinker Turn Lens Screws

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by GTTT, Feb 11, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GTTT

GTTT Karting

Sep 7, 2013
    Hello F-Chat members,

Does anyone know where I might be able to buy a set of the Testrossa front blinker turn lens screws?
    I need 4 and can't seem to find a place to buy the right ones. I purchased a set from euroautoricambi on ebay and they do not fit.

image of the screw I need below

Thank you for your help in advance!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. jgmblair

jgmblair Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2010
    Winnipeg, MB Canada
    Full Name:
    Jeff Blair
    When I bought these about 6-7 years ago I just trimmed the length as I was able to get longer ones. What do you need exactly? Did you remove the Orange, Red and Clear screws? Did they all break? I have a few in the shop let me know what you need I might be able to help. Alternatively a quick ebay search shows they are available in longer lengths at a reasonable price, get the dremel out and your set.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Taillight-Lens-Screws-Fiat-Alfa-Romeo-Ferrari-Maserati-Lancia-Set-Red-Plastic-/302730701330

3. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
  4. GTTT

GTTT Karting

Sep 7, 2013

Hi jgmblair,

Three of my four plastic amber screws have broken heads.

I order these from ebay (link below) and the company said I could cut them to length as well. However, the Head Diameter is to large and does not fit into the slot/hole. The thread is slightly larger than the factory ones and does not easily screw into the plastic mounts. I may try to sand the head diameter down if i can't find a set that fits.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/FERRARI-TESTAROSSA-FRONT-BLINKER-TURN-LENS-SCREW-SET-AMBER-MADE-IN-ITALY-x-4/233100202710?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2648

Do you have any of the factory ones available?

Thank You
    GTTT

5. GTTT

GTTT Karting

Sep 7, 2013
    Hi turbo-joe

My name is Hassan, I recently purchased testarossa and I live in Texas.

Do you have any recommendations where to look for the screws? any help would be appreciated.

Thank You
    GTTT

turbo-joe likes this.
  6. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    when you not will find in ebay you may try a local fiat dealer ( if those in the US still existing? up to 1987 they have because baught a lot of parts for 124 spider and sent to me to germany )
    they are available in amber, red and clear

otherwise you may try to do 3-D print

7. jgmblair

jgmblair Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2010
    Winnipeg, MB Canada
    Full Name:
    Jeff Blair
    Sorry for not responding sooner but here are some pictures. Like Romano had mentioned, these were also used on Fiat cars. You can see the OEM screws fade and break, I bought 2 full sets for front and rear. They are NLA from Ferrari and used on the early cars, not sure when they changed but if you order using the part number in the catalogue you will receive the updated metal screw. Let me know what you find.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spence88mph and turbo-joe like this.
  8. spence88mph

spence88mph Rookie

Apr 9, 2011
    Melbourne
    I'm going to go with a 4.5 928 engine in the background.

Good luck with the screws!

9. jgmblair

jgmblair Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2010
    Winnipeg, MB Canada
    Full Name:
    Jeff Blair
    Keen eye! Winter project with my 15 yr old son MY81 928.

The engine is now brand new! Very good friend owns a machine shop and let me pester him for the past 6 weeks, we have done everything, just updating the front motor mounts then dropping it back in to hopefully fire up in the spring!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spence88mph likes this.
  10. spence88mph

spence88mph Rookie

Apr 9, 2011
    Melbourne
  11. jgmblair

jgmblair Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2010
    Winnipeg, MB Canada
    Full Name:
    Jeff Blair
    I look you up if I'm ever in Melbourne ;)

spence88mph likes this.
  12. spence88mph

spence88mph Rookie

Apr 9, 2011
    Melbourne
    Absolutely, just realised you've gone EFI on it too, will be a massive improvement. Awesome!

turbo-joe likes this.
  13. GTTT

GTTT Karting

Sep 7, 2013
    Hi jgmblair,

Thank you for sharing, I will try to order the metal ones using the original part #

Nice 928 !