TFT Display | FerrariChat

TFT Display

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by jay575, Nov 4, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jay575

jay575 Karting

Jul 29, 2009
    St. George Utah
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Question. Not sure mine is working properly. Or maybe it's just me...

I thought if you press the "display" button it displays the "menu" and you use the "up" & "down" buttons to access the different parameters. Then to confirm your selected parameter you press "Mode". Pretty simple.

Mine is set on "Comfort". It can also be set on "Sport". But either way, the screen area just pictures a drawing of a vehicle with 3 sections in front of it. The bottom has the fuel gauge and total miles. Nothing changes when I press the "Display" button. Nothing happens.

The "Menu" page never comes up and so I cannot set any parameters. Pressing "Mode" does nothing except changes the total miles to Trip A.

If I press the "up" & "down" buttons, it goes to the dimming screen and that works.

Any ideas??? Jay

2. SVCalifornia

SVCalifornia Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 28, 2011
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Keith
    Take a pic of it. Sounds like it thinks the parking sensors should be on...

Did this ever work correctly? How long has it been this way?

SV

3. jay575

jay575 Karting

Jul 29, 2009
    St. George Utah
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Keith: Just bought it last week.

But now that you mentioned the parking sensors I think that's what it might be. I'm wondering if the issue is that I'm turning this on in the garage where the front wall is about 5 feet away and that is the cause.

When I get back tonight I'll pull it out of the garage where there is no obstacle in front and try it then. I'm betting that is my problem...hope so.

Thanks, Jay

4. Ron4pro

Ron4pro Karting

Oct 21, 2013
    Arizona
    I think if your foot is on the brake and you are in first gear, that seems to trigger the parking sensors even though you are like 5 feet away...that's the pattern I am starting to see on my Cali 30

5. SVCalifornia

SVCalifornia Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 28, 2011
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Keith
    Sensors come on when u select reverse on the transmission. And the beeping starts to let you know they are sensing rising in frequency as an object is detected.

SV

6. jay575

jay575 Karting

Jul 29, 2009
    St. George Utah
    Full Name:
    Jay
    #6 jay575, Nov 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    The icon on the TFT is the sensor. (See photo) Both the the front & rear sensors work on all sides and turn green and beep as they should.

Then I went out in the open and the sensor icon remained on the screen. I pressed the "display" button and nothing happened. The "menu" list never comes up. So I cannot change any of the parameters.

How do I get the "menu" up? Am I doing something wrong? Software issue?

Jay
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. windsock

windsock Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 29, 2006
    You likely have the Parking aid set to come on bellow 5mph. Above your head will be a button to shut off the parking aid system then you can get into the menu items you are looking for and in settings you can turn off the automatic parking aid system.

whatheheck likes this.
  8. jay575

jay575 Karting

Jul 29, 2009
    St. George Utah
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Windsock

OMG. That is right. So simple once you know. There is a lit up button that needs to be clicked off. Once this is clicked off the TFT panel is operative.

Once the button is off you need to go into the menu and click the option "sensors" - "off when stop" or "on when stop". If you click "on when stop" then the parking sensors will be on after you stop and the button will be lit when you stop. Click "off when stop" and the button will not be lit and all will be normal with the TFT.

Thanks for your help. Jay

One more question about one more button...the anti-lifting alarm system button". Think I'll start a new thread on this so people will see it easier.

Mluick and euroboca like this.
  9. secondsole

secondsole Formula Junior

Feb 28, 2013
    O-H!
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Perfect, I have spent days trying to figure out the exact same thing...even read the manual!

10. ebobh15

ebobh15 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 18, 2012
    In my experience, the owner's manual actually hinders finding a solution- you spend hours trying to find an index to issues; failing that, you leaf through some 200-odd pages looking for a photo or vague description of your problem. When that doesn't work, you finally announce your frustration to the Ferrari forum and the problem is solved in a couple hours while you get a snack or check the news. The manual is only a little more useful than those seatback emergency instructions on commercial aircraft imho.

11. euroboca

euroboca Rookie

May 31, 2014

12. euroboca

euroboca Rookie

May 31, 2014

13. euroboca

euroboca Rookie

May 31, 2014
    great info thank you

14. Ivar Ros

Ivar Ros Rookie

Mar 7, 2020
    Netherlands, Rotterdam
    Full Name:
    Ivar Ros
    Great! Just got my California 2009 model and I thought it was a failure. Already very happy with this forum,

15. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    I experienced the same issue and I scratched my head trying to figure it out.

Yes, the parking sensors are set to On, move forward and backwards and no matter what setting you select it wont get out of that view.

I found the fix, on your overhead dome light switches the parking sensor button will be lit red. Just turn it off and you are back to normal.