The $350,000 Dino's (06458) books, warranty card, pouch for sale on eBay | FerrariChat

The $350,000 Dino's (06458) books, warranty card, pouch for sale on eBay

Discussion in '206/246' started by dinogts, Apr 18, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dinogts

dinogts Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Some of you may or may not remember Dino 06458, the $350,000 Dino that was (or maybe not "was") offered for sale about 2 years ago by jetflyr6 (13 total posts, then he was outta here - I also note in passing that jetflyr6 insulted a lot of us here when he wrote “I’m sorry you obviously are not up on the Dino market! UP and not stopping any time soon!” - jetflyr6).

http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=190637&highlight=06458

06458 was offered for sale at Russo and Steele’s Monterey 2008 auction and was a no sale at $225,000.

http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=209826

It was offered “with its original books, owners manual and paperwork . . . .” according to the Russo and Steele catalog.

http://issuu.com/russo-and-steele/docs/rs_m08_catalog

Anyway, the books, manuals, warranty card and leather pouch for 06458 are now for sale on eBay - # 290423314306 with a current bid of $4000 (14 bids, reserve not met) and a Buy It Now of $6950.

The books are apparently in Pittsburgh, PA, but jetflyr6 was supposedly in California.

So, how did these books and all get separated from this supposedly concours quality 246gts? The books and manuals were expressly included with the car in the Russo and Steele catalog. Did jetflyr6 run out of money? Did someone steal them?

I hate it when I see eBay postings for books (and sometimes tools) for a specific car that may have been lost by the owner (or worse).

2. Arvin Grajau

Arvin Grajau Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 7, 2006
    Wurundjeri man.
    Full Name:
    Arvin Grajau
    I'm the same,reckon its a real lo life whom keeps books/tools then sells them after the fact.

3. 2GT

2GT Formula 3

Aug 25, 2008
    Western NY
    Full Name:
    Fred
    I guess this conclusively proves that a foolish Dino owner and his books, manuals and warranty card are soon parted. It is a shameful act to withhold items of obvious relevance to a Dino's provenance in order to make a "quick buck." One wonders, assuming that he were to have bought the Dino from such an owner, what items might have mysteriously disappeared between the signing of the sales contract and delivery of the vehicle. This reminds me of a real estate transaction which I handled for a client, wherein the property in question (the manor house of a formerly large estate that had been broken up by the defaulting former owner) was purchased from the foreclosing lender. The foreclosed owner, upon vacating the premises, removed a custom-made fireplace set and a stained glass window. I suspect that he might have removed a load-bearing wall or two had he been able to do so without the whole structure falling in on him! Fred

4. tx246

tx246 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn
    jetflyr6 is a legit guy. he had over a ton invested in that car. i don't know about the books, my guess is he had a manual set and not a warranty book. ralph lauren was a potential buyer for the car. if he couldn't what he wanted, he didn't need to sell and was going to keep the dino. he also has an original daytona spider

5. dinogts

dinogts Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

#5 dinogts, Apr 19, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2010
    Shawn -

It is just too bad that the books and warranty card got separated from this Dino.

Assuming that jetflyr6 still has 06458 and he hasn't seen the eBay listing, do you know how to contact jetflyr6 to tell him about the eBay listing as he might be interested in getting the books and warranty card back? Jetflyr6 hasn't been on FCHAT for a long time (I assume he's got better things to do from what you've posted about him) so I don't imagine he'd respond to the PM that I just sent him, and he has no email contact option included in his user profile.

Mark
    P.S. - The eBay auction closed this Monday morning, April 19, 2010, at 7:14 PDT with 22 bids, last bid at $5,250, reserve not met.

6. trashidelek!

trashidelek! Formula Junior

Nov 18, 2004
    The eBay seller is Bruce Perrone. Should be legit.

7. dinogts

dinogts Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

#7 dinogts, Apr 19, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2010
    This isn't about Bruce Perrone, just that you've got to wonder how books/manuals got separated from the Dino. There may be a legit answer, but I wonder how and why that happens so often - I can understand that books and tools become separated or simply lost in a basement or garage, or an heir or an estate administrator has no clue, but the Russo and Steele auction catalog clearly states that 06458 was offered "with its original books, owners manual and paperwork . . . .” So, either Russo and Steele made a mistake (or assumed they had the originals), or they were lost after the auction - a somewhat unlikely proposition given that jetflyr6 was originally testing the waters at $350,000 and the car was a no sale at $225,000, especially considering Shawn's posting that Ralph Lauren was interested in the car. That leaves . . . what?

8. tx246

tx246 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn
    The top price Lauren offered was $200k and called personally about the car (at least as I understand it). The owner is a broker of jets and some type of time sharing of jet hours - hence the log in name. I have misplaced his contact info.

9. dinogts

dinogts Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Other than contact Russo and Steele (which I have yet to try) or Lyle Tanner, does anyone know how to reach jetflyr6, or does anyone know his name? How about the name of the shop(s) that did the restoration work on his Dino?

Please PM or email me.

Thanks in advance -

10. abstamaria

abstamaria F1 Rookie

Feb 11, 2006
    Full Name:
    Andres
    It's good that Lauren with his collection would want a 246.

11. dignini

dignini Formula 3

Aug 21, 2005
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Luigi Marazzi
    Drats! My prediction (a couple of years ago) of a $500,000 Dino is still some ways off