The all-new 296GTB | Page 11 | FerrariChat

The all-new 296GTB

Discussion in '296' started by gabf1, Jun 24, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ab08

ab08 Formula Junior

Aug 28, 2007
    Probably to show the production version. Ferrari was making some adjustments to the project, including the sound.

2. gabf1

gabf1 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 7, 2004
    Rockies
    So, I have the option to order a 296 either coupe or a spider. I will have to wait for some time to get the car. The question is should I do this upgrade from 488 spider? Quite a big jump in hp and supposed to be all about driver’s experience. Not able to use the current hp. Wife likes pista and f8. I actually like the way 488 sounds in its stock form. Nice rumble and not too over the top. I am not sure where to go? F8 and pista both are raved about by friends and on here. The 296 is unknown and a lot of hyperbole because we just don’t know yet. Wondering if anyone else has gone through this process and what they decided?

3. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    No-one has driven it so if your delivery is maybe two years why not just wait nine months til there are dealer demos and make your own mind up

4. Rrr1

Rrr1 Formula Junior

Dec 24, 2018
    Full Name:
    Rrr1
    Id place the deposit for now, you can always get your money back if you don't like it but can at least hold a spot while you make up your mind.

Caeruleus11 and tfazio like this.
  5. BigJay2050

BigJay2050 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2014
    Like you, I'm on the fence with the 296 (but I do have one on order to save a spot). I'm hoping we get demo cars soon that we can drive.

6. Ekki F

Ekki F Rookie

Feb 10, 2018
    If you want to drive it, book a pilota sport course in Fiorano. That's the quickest way to feel it! I had the pleasure to drive it on private ground and can say, the car is really exceptional. Unbelievable sharp with the shorter wheel base and fantastic quick responsive to gas and steering inputs. This car is simply gorgeous!

DQSF, ryalex, Slicknick and 3 others like this.
  7. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    How exciting ! Do you have any photos ? I thought the courses only began in May

8. gabf1

gabf1 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 7, 2004
    Rockies
    I think you are right. I’m going to see my SA tomorrow so I may just put my name in. Plenty of time….2 years, to wait and get a drive while I wait.
    Have you specced anything out yet?

9. daviderx

daviderx Rookie

Feb 5, 2005
    Palm Beach County
    Full Name:
    David
    While F8 was a better car than 488 in many ways you will feel like you are driving almost the same car...I suggest you hold on to what you have and get a 296GTB when possible

gabf1 and Slicknick like this.
  10. RADONCulous

RADONCulous Rookie

Jul 25, 2017
    Miami
    objectively speaking each model is an iterative upgrade, I recommend going for the 296 as well

gabf1 and Slicknick like this.
  11. gabf1

gabf1 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 7, 2004
    Rockies
  12. gabf1

gabf1 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 7, 2004
    Rockies
    Basically, I took a look at my current 488gts and copied that build. In the paint I really like Grigio
    Titanio. Saw it recently in a F8 and today in a Roma. Also, from pictures only, I like blue mirableu and blue tdf but with the configurator, the interior gets dicey for me. I could go either with a blue interior or some iteration of tan. Just not sure of how it would turn out. It would really help to see some examples in person.

13. gabf1

gabf1 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 7, 2004
    Rockies
  14. willcrook

willcrook Formula 3

Feb 3, 2009
    UK
    nice :)

ferrari's steering input sensitivity is already so crazyily good that it's hard to imagine it being better!

ryalex and gabf1 like this.
  15. gabf1

gabf1 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 7, 2004
    Rockies
    So, I met with my SA today and put my deposit in for the 296. We did not spec the car out yet but he did take my deposit and put me on the list! Very excited to say the least. Now I’m faced with the daunting task of figuring out which options to go with. Any ideas on must have options? I’m most definitely getting the lifter and home link because I hate having clickers and driveway is a bit steep. I’m leaning to going with Bianca avus or perhaps a blue like abu dabi or Grigio titanio. What have you guys ordered??

ryalex likes this.
  16. BigJay2050

BigJay2050 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2014
    gabf1 likes this.
  17. BigJay2050

BigJay2050 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2014
    Same struggle here, I think I'm right around $412k trying to see what I can peel back to get it under $400k.

ryalex likes this.
  18. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    +1
    When he told me the total build price
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

LVP488, gabf1 and BigJay2050 like this.
  19. BigJay2050

BigJay2050 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2014
    Imagine what it'll be by the time they start delivering in 2 years.

LVP488, gabf1 and ryalex like this.
  20. gabf1

gabf1 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 7, 2004
    Rockies
    Looks like we have similar options. I think you have a great spec. The question is if there’s anything to be done about trimming things down. The one thing I do know is that I’ve got plenty of time to think about it lol. As much as I’d like to have it later this year, it’s gonna be probably late next year unfortunately.

21. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Honestly, I would brace for another $40-50k in inflation, whether generally [as in the whole world got 10-15% more expensive] or options pricing.

gabf1 likes this.
  22. gabf1

gabf1 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 7, 2004
    Rockies
    I really hope not. I’ve seen the options list with the sport package and fancy wheels it’s $75k plus if you want the two tone paint that’s extra too!

ryalex likes this.
  23. BigJay2050

BigJay2050 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2014
    I hope not, but it's what I'm thinking as well ... my goal was to keep it under $400k and I may be realistically looking at $450k by the time it's delivered in 2 years.

ryalex likes this.
  24. Jonathan Collins

Apr 30, 2019
    Full Name:
    Jonathan Collins
    I have placed an order as well and have yet to see the car in person (April). I am curious however, how much people are willing to pay for the car? $450K given current MSRP + options begins to feel steep to me. What role does value play (if any at all) when making these types of decisions? How high are most of you willing to go (even if it is 24 months out)? $500K $550K? Beyond?

25. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    500-550K for a 6 cylinder regular production car is Not gonna play. If the numbers reach there I'm out

keithos27, gabf1 and JimPVB like this.