The BIG guy, sorta | FerrariChat

The BIG guy, sorta

Discussion in 'Canada' started by of2worlds, Jun 17, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    The Toronto Spotter thread has provided much entertainment with interesting sightings and pictures around Toronto but especially Yorkville. Even Remo rated a mention when he was out in a Maserati...
    However, where were all the "eyes and ears" and especially the camera shooters when the BIG guy arrived in Yorkville this week? It seems we must depend on the "ink stained wretches" for all the best info. This week after his latest success at the Montreal GP, Jean Todt arrived at the Ferrari Maserati store on Avenue Road in Toronto to promote the brand that he is now in charge of. He is absolutely committed to continuing the success that Ferrari currently enjoys. That success includes the road cars where the F1 team's "can do" attitude will be extended to those people working on the road car programs as well. It was noted that the jaded professionals from the media were most attentive and respectful on this occasion. Jean Todt is all business; the Ferrari business now not just F1. Presently, Ferrari is thriving with the new 612 sold out for the next 18 months. However, LDM will be a very tough act to follow...
    ch

2. ClassicFerrari

ClassicFerrari F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco

WOW, didnt know that! Wish I was there.

Oh well, next time.......yeah right.

Vasco

3. b-mak

b-mak F1 Veteran

When I drove by the other day, I thought something interesting was going on. Damn!

4. MuJo

MuJo Formula Junior

Jan 5, 2004
    Toronto, ON
    Full Name:
    Joel R.
    Like others, never heard about the event. I'm a Ferrai Club memeber, and still heard nothing. That is too bad. My question though is was this event for owners and perhaps the media only?

5. ClassicFerrari

Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco

I'm sure it was, just media.....and only a few media people at that. The place is small and then again it is ferrari not honda. Therefore joe's like us will never know about such events. Remo can fill that place just with his tifosi friends alone, I know that from personal work experience. Trust me.

Oh well...

Whaddya gona do eh?

6. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Some pictures from the June 14th event are now on the FoO site. What did they give Mr. Todt? Also, any familiar faces??
    ch

7. rayman167

rayman167 Formula Junior

Mar 28, 2004
    i see the police chief fantino in the pics~

and this part is interesting

"Approximately 3,000 Ferraris circulate today on Canadian roads, 2,000 of which in the Ontario Province alone. Of the over 120 Maseratis sold in Canada since Maserati抯 return to North America in the Summer of 2002, 70% have been sold in the Toronto and greater Ontario area. "

a huge numeber of cars here

8. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    That is a suprising number of Ferrari automobiles if they sold 100 a year in Canada.
    Now for double points, can you spot Maurizio Parlato?
    ch

9. ClassicFerrari

Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco

The guy with the crazy blondish lid sitting next to Remo, opposite from Todt???

;-)

10. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Double points, Vasco is correct of course! Sharp as always. Unfortunately Mr. Butoni has left though. He was also very good in his FNA 355 Challenge Ferrari.
    ch

ShineKen likes this.
  11. fly on the wall

May 14, 2004
    I see that Remos hair implants are taking nicely!

12. RacerNika

RacerNika Karting

Dec 2, 2003
    The media invitation was at 4:30 I think while Remo's customer's invitations were an hour later, I believe.

13. ClassicFerrari

Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco

LOL, d'oh!

14. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Do you have pictures of his challenge car? Was it silver?

15. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Just going on memory when I saw Mr Butoni, his race car was yellow and had race number 1. I seem to recall he was one of the few wearing a Hans device? This was at Mosport in Ontario Canada. There are some pictures of the Challenge cars there but this is from long ago and would be paper pictures from early 90's? Sorry I can't be more helpful.