Image Unavailable, Please Login As many Dino 308 GT4 owners know, the seat belt receivers are problematic. Commonly referred to as "exploding seat belts," the receivers can quickly become useless when the delicate plastic cover surrounding the PRESS labeled release button cracks, and the internal parts spill out. When I bought my GT4, the driver's seat belt receiver was held together with copious amounts of duct tape, while the passenger side was totally inop. I searched for a replacement set of receivers for six months and found nothing. I was determined to keep the car as original as possible, so the idea of buying the completely incorrect and modern-looking replacement seat belt kit wasn't appealing to me. On top of that, installation involves the arduous process of removing the back seat and drilling out all of the side panel rivets in order to access the seat belt reels. It seemed ridiculous to rip out the entire factory system and replace it with incorrect belts and receivers when all I needed were two receivers or the parts to repair them. At one point, Sltillim (Spencer) attempted to do a short 3D printed run of the plastic covers, which would have allowed us to repair our old receivers, but it proved unfruitful. It just didn't seem possible that there was nothing out there to keep the car original. I began researching the DIno belts, looking for any piece of info that might lead me to some parts. I discovered that the original belts for US cars were manufactured by Robbins, a well known and often used maker of safety belts in the '70s. So I started researching other companies who used Robbins belts in that time period. GM was a biggie, and I found a belt that looked exactly like the DIno belt. Jackpot, or so I thought. I ordered a receiver. When it arrived I tested it in the car and found that the Dino male section would go into the receiver but never click to lock. Then I tried it in the back seats and it worked perfectly. I had never before realized that the front and back seat belts were slightly different - the make ends on the front seat belts were approx 4mm longer than the rears. This extra 4mm was south of the square hole that locks the belt in place, which meant the GM pieces were too shallow, by 4mm. Discouraged, I kept digging. I found that VW had utilized Robbins seat belts, as well. Many image searches later, I found a Volkswagen belt that looked perfect, down to being what looked like 3-4mm taller. The belt only appeared in 72-73 Beetles. I found a set, ordered them, and was so happy when I heard the sound of that click that meant the belt was locked. So that's the long of it. If you want to keep your Dino GT4 original, and want to repair your original belts without having to take apart the entire car, read the step-by-step tutorial I threw together.