The Good Guy Thread | Page 4 | FerrariChat

The Good Guy Thread

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by Texas Forever, Feb 8, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Well, I have a "Toasted Ponies" coffee cup, and I didn't even have to pay for it.

Tom, reading between the lines, are you saying that you are turning over the parts stuff to Niki? Man, I wish her luck. All of you need to get out and see at least one or two of Tom's caches of parts. (I think that I have only made it to the fourth level, i.e., the water tank.)

Dale

2. ScuderiaChicTech

Sep 18, 2005
    Planet Boulder
    Full Name:
    Niki
    Been there, Done that, Got the T-shirt (Literally)

3. peterp

peterp F1 Veteran

Aug 31, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Peter
    I have to toss in another vote for the Markowskis after purchasing a 330GT from RPM. When I was looking at the car, Steve went out of his way to identify every minor issue -- some of which I would have never noticed. I then asked him to go through it with a fine tooth comb -- some requests were run of the mill and some were not (fabricating A/C from scratch). The latter request was something I was sweating bullets over -- I felt I needed A/C to enjoy driving, but was very, very concerned about hacking up the car. I couldn't be more satisfied with how the A/C was done -- no differences in the interior (looks like non-A/C car) and what was done under the hood is extremely clean -- and all of it is reversible. When they sent photos of the condenser as they were building it, I commented that it was a work of art (I later learned that Steve's brother Eben is a sculpture).

Steve understood exactly what I wanted and delivered that and more. As I go through the car after having taken delivery -- I find minor things we never discussed were also addressed, such as replacing incorrect hood release with the correct one (one of the items I would have never noticed because it obviously had been done a long time ago and looked right) -- and Steve never even mentioned that he had done this. While waiting for the car, I had been looking for a fuse box cover that was missing -- and when I took delivery of the car Steve mentioned they have a model in the shop and he is going to fabricate one and send it to me -- again he brought this up before I asked about it. I was looking at jack plugs on ebay and sent Steve a note about mounting them -- his reply, was send them to me and I'll fabricate some clips for them. RPM has been great to work with and I'm even more satisfied after seeing the final result.

4. barchetta

barchetta Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 5, 2003
    Another vote for Peter Sweeney. Truly one of the good guys!

5. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    We lost ones of the Good Guys this week....Franco Genesi. R.I.P.

6. Kinimod1210

Kinimod1210 Karting

Jan 30, 2008
    Europe
    Full Name:
    D.B.
    I have also. Around eight times. Repeat customers are satisfied customers.

Where?

Uwe Meissner ! Modena Motorsport in Langenfeld, Germany. www.modena-motorsport.de

Honest, diligent and through the years a close friend. And a master surgeon as chief mechanic !

DB

7. swift53

swift53 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2007
    E.S.
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    #82 swift53, Jan 15, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2011
    Had not seen this post before, but as it has been resurrected and I think would be of help to all, not to mention the opportunity to express gratitude.

In no particular order and most likely not complete,

Cork Adams, of Precision Wire Wheel Service. Tops.

Tom Shaughnessy, whom I had not met before this post was started and has been mentioned a few times in it...
    Yet, I must say, the total opposite of what I had heard. Truly a kind and generous gentleman and of the "I don't tolerate fools" school. I really like that.

Timo Tanskanen, whom I have met briefly, but that was enough to show quality on the spot.

Dan Marvin, a kind, sharing and very talented automotive genius.

Gary Bobileff, another gentleman that will not leave stone unturned to lend a hand.

Fabio Luppi, an honest and thorough professional.

Patrick Ottis & Co. , Great guys!

Nino Epifani & Co., real friends.

Everyone at Fantasy Junction.

Richard Cole and Tom Elerding.

Jim Selevan and his wisdom. Jon Hansen, and his fantastic approach at bodywork skills.

Matthias Bartz, "Dino experten".

Götz Seidel, great architect and photographer.

D&M restoration service, fantastically honest and thorough.

Colin at Superformance. Lovely, just as they say in the UK.

Harrington Group, bumpers.

California Registration Service, the only way to survive in the Golden State!

The parts professionals that have had the patience and knowledge to put up with the oddities I required. They have all been mentioned previously and you know who you are...

My f-chat friends that have unconditionally lent me a helping hand and more in my efforts to restore and do things properly.

Thank you all.

Regards, Alberto