The Great 348 Brotherhood Poll (348 Primer) | Page 3 | FerrariChat

The Great 348 Brotherhood Poll (348 Primer)

Discussion in '348/355' started by No Doubt, Dec 11, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

Is the 348 New Owner's Primer ready for Prime Time?!

1. Yes. The 348 data is accurate and well organized and ready for prime time.

2. No. The data is accurate, but not well presented/organized.

3. No. The data is inaccurate (but the organization and presentment is OK).

4. No. The data isn't accurate and the style/organization is NOT ready for prime time.

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. angelis

angelis F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 18, 2004
    London, England
    Full Name:
    Sy
    I need to get some good video footage of a 348 and some more pictures and then i'll be able to finish off the webiste. The plan is to incorporate video into it which means I have to learn Adobe Flash.

I'll probably start transfering the Tech FAQ next week.

Sorry, no idea.

Would'nt it automatically print it out at 100% regardless of the size on screen? I don't recall having a problem when i print out.

2. angelis

angelis F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 18, 2004
    London, England
    Full Name:
    Sy
    Just transferred 33% of it now.

I don't know wether to pat ND on the back for such a great resource or strangle him!!!!

66% to go

3. angelis

angelis F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 18, 2004
    London, England
    Full Name:
    Sy
    I've done everything up to the timing belt and I can't take anymore. :(

http://www.club348.com/technical/Tech/348.html#Timing

I've stuck up the link for my personal reference so i'll know where to start from. I'll do the rest over the next couple of days.

ND has put together a LOT of information on the 348. Great job by him!!! :D

4. Reddesire

Reddesire Formula Junior

May 7, 2008
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Andrew Gaal

Managed to sort this out. It was in the Adobe print settings. Have to activate 'Print to margins' in the Print settings. Now all seems fine !

Thanks again....!

5. fmomen

fmomen Karting

Oct 4, 2004
    india
    Full Name:
    faisal
    great help from like minded folks. thanks

6. randyleepublic

randyleepublic Formula Junior

Dec 2, 2007
    Beautiful Reno
    #56 randyleepublic, Jun 20, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2008
    I recently took a good hard look at the situation with the 2 fuel pump and 2 ECU relays that are used by both the 348 and Mondial T. Here are the results of my research:

The original Bosch part numbers are 0-332-014-139 for the Mondial and 0-332-014-140 for the 348. These relays are identical except that the Mon. one has a metal bracket.

Robert Bosch sold the relay business to Tyco Electronics in Pennsy. Tyco has that bus. subbed out to Chief Enterprises in Illinois (1-800-831-7294).

According to Chief Enterprises the 0-332-014-140 is superseded by a 0-332-019-151 which is a Tyco v23234c0001x006 / 2-1904011-2

For the Mondial the 0-332-014-139 is superseded by 0-332-019-150 which is a Tyco v23234c1001x005 / 5-1904012-1

I found these folks (http://www.keefeperformance.com/kprelay.html) online who stock both relays at $5.99 each and have a bunch more cool stuff! (Waytek has them also, but you have to call in your order.)

For the other relays on your fuse panel, I would get the Bosch part numbers from the owner's manual, call Chief for the Tyco number, and then search online for that number. That's how I found Keefe Performance.

7. Angel Martin

Angel Martin Rookie

Feb 28, 2012
  8. No Doubt

No Doubt Seven Time F1 World Champ

May 21, 2005
    Vegas+Alabama
    Full Name:
    Mr. Sideways
    The seal is only for the plastic container, not for the wiring. The "ecus" in question are temperature monitors for the catalytic converters and tend to fail from moisture contamination due to weak factory seals on the plastic containers.

9. Angel Martin

Angel Martin Rookie

Feb 28, 2012
    No Doubt, I understand why you are recommending sealing the temperature monitors and i am sure it is a good idea.

I would still not seal anything with a sealer containing silicones.

In addition to forming highly insulating films, silicones have extraordinary "creep" abilities.

http://www.dowcorning.com.cn/zh_CN/content/publishedlit/01-3078-01.pdf
    (see page 5)

one (second hand) anecdote i know of is a case where an open beaker of silicone was left on a workbench in a room with telephone switching equipment. When the switching equipment started to malfunction they eventually checked for silicone contamination and found that the silicone had crept out of the beaker, across the bench, down the legs of the bench, across the floor, and up into the racks containing the switching equipment. (the silicone was not spilled)

i try to avoid using any product containing silicones on any car, especially one vulnerable to electrical problems.

silicones are also sometimes used as a mold release agent for plastic. for those cars the contamination is there from day one on the plastic electrical connectors. That's why i think it is so important to use deoxit on every connector and switch one can get to (and stabilant on all connectors as you recommend)

Again, it's great website and i have learned a lot from it !

Angel

10. 348Jeff

348Jeff Formula 3

Oct 25, 2011
    UK
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Just got off the phone from Bosch Technical assistance and heres all the modern relay nos.

0 332 204 101 is now 0 332 204 118 or 0 332 209 151

0 332 014 113 is now 0 332 019 151

0 332 014 140 is now 0 332 019 151 (same as above)

0 332 015 006 -> has stayed the same

11. dcurro1

dcurro1 Karting

Jan 17, 2012
    Brookfield, Wis
    Full Name:
    David Curro
    I just received my 348 TS. The yelow foam insulation under the engine bay cover is looking pretty tired. An suggustions on where to find or what to use to replace it. I would like to try showing the car in the "PRESERVATION CLASS". Many thanks, David

12. zoowho2

zoowho2 Formula Junior

Oct 29, 2012
    Arizona, USA
    Full Name:
    Tom
    The must have/read for newbies to the brotherhood.
    I learned more and gained more from the article than ever before.
    One item overlooked was the cold air injection system on startup..The noise was alarming and I could not find mention of it in my searching.
    I thought for sure it was going to swap pistons the way it sounded, alarming and quite embarrassing as it is loud but goes away after several minutes of warm up and also on startup warm when it lasts for just a second or two.
    Scary for a newbie when no info or warning is available.
    Other than that, it has been a bible for me.

13. jurgen.frank@gmail.com

Jun 6, 2013