The Nova Scotia Thread!!! | Page 5 | FerrariChat

The Nova Scotia Thread!!!

Discussion in 'Canada' started by 62 250 GTO, Jan 10, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. troy_wood

troy_wood Formula 3

Apr 28, 2007
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Full Name:
    Troy Wood
    thanks chris - i am very happy with the car. put about 6000 kms since the spring and no real problems. just getting ready to do the 30k major maintainence. take care. troy.

2. wrs46

wrs46 Formula 3

May 19, 2005
    QC, CANADA (&CH, &F)
    Full Name:
    Walter
    #102 wrs46, Oct 23, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  3. troy_wood

troy_wood Formula 3

Apr 28, 2007
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Full Name:
    Troy Wood
    hahaha - excellent spot. did you take the Mondi? I cant wait to do the trail in my ferrari!

4. jqpd99

jqpd99 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2007
    Ottawa
    Full Name:
    DFO
    Hey Troy,

When are you thinking of doing the cabot trail? My friend who's from NB has been urging me to go and since next year will be my first full summer with my 348, I'm thinking a trip to the maritimes may be fun.

Let me know
    DF

5. wrs46

wrs46 Formula 3

May 19, 2005
    QC, CANADA (&CH, &F)
    Full Name:
    Walter
    Nope - went with the Subaru. Had my sister from Australia and my wife with me.

Beautiful province, Nova Scotia. And super friendly people. We really loved it and will be back in an RV for a longer period....

6. troy_wood

troy_wood Formula 3

Apr 28, 2007
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Full Name:
    Troy Wood
    woohoo - excellent, Dan this ride is unbelievable Ferrari trip material. I did the trail on my GSXR6 a few years back and it was life changing. I will be sure to give you plenty of notice.

7. mikemechanic

mikemechanic Karting

Aug 12, 2006
    Calgary, Alberta
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Cool a Nova Scotia thread. Just moved here this summer and have seen quite a few nice cars. Spotted a few Ferrari's over the summer, no Lambo's yet. Too bad that corrosion is such a problem as I am sure there would be a lot more nice rides around.

Mike

8. ClassicFerrari

ClassicFerrari F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    Mike, I see you've made the move from Alberta. I remember you asking about working elseswhere.

All the best.

9. F40

F40 F1 Rookie

Apr 16, 2003
    AZ
    Just saw this thread! I love NS! It's my home during the summer!

10. troy_wood

troy_wood Formula 3

Apr 28, 2007
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Full Name:
    Troy Wood
    Are you in Halifax Mike? Welcome to NS.

11. mikemechanic

mikemechanic Karting

Aug 12, 2006
    Calgary, Alberta
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Hi Troy, I bought a place in Middle Sackville. Thanks for the welcome.

Mike

12. mikemechanic

mikemechanic Karting

Aug 12, 2006
    Calgary, Alberta
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Thanks Vasco, yup I finally did it. So far so good but I do miss Alberta.

Mike

13. ClassicFerrari

ClassicFerrari F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
  14. AVFPolo

AVFPolo Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2007
    Full Name:
    Ed
    Posted the following in the 308 section. Now have reason to believe that the car is located in Nova Scotia.

Does anyone here know this car and/or owner?
    If so, can you provide contact info?

33339 - Where is she now?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My wife recently asked "What do you think ever became of our first Ferrari?" That got me started thinking. Which is admittedly a very dangerous thing. I've googled, used Fchat search and looked at the 308 registry (carbed cars). No sign of her.

Here are her particulars:
    #33339 '80 GTBi red/tan
    We purchased - July 1988 from consignment at Autohaus in Cohasset, MA
    We sold - July 1998 to a young man near Boston, MA
    Last seen - Ferrari Club meet in Brookline, MA approximately 2002
    Most memorable drive - June 1992 from central MA to Grand Rapids, MI to attend FCA national meet (1500-1600 miles round trip and still seems like it was just yesterday).

If memory serves there were only around 24 examples built during the transition year from carb to fuel injection.

Any info about her current condition or whereabouts greatly appreciated.
    Please post or PM.

If she's in your care then give her a nice wash and wax for me.

Thanks
    - Ed -

15. Spragg

Spragg Rookie

Nov 10, 2008
    Calgary, Alberta
    Full Name:
    Nicholas
    #115 Spragg, Nov 21, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2008
  16. AVFPolo

AVFPolo Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2007
    Full Name:
    Ed
    Hi Spragg,

YES, YES, YES
    That is the old girl !!!
    Wonderful to see her again.
    She was sans the SF shields in her younger days but that is definitely her.

I found the same link last night or maybe it was actually early this morning. No matter. I emailed the seller and apparently the car was sold VERY recently. I haven't had time to reply to the seller. Hoping that I can contact the new owner.

I have some old photos, maintenance records and even a few original Ferrari documents that came with her. And possibly a couple of spare parts still stored away in the basement.

I'll keep you posted.

Spragg, nice work and a great way to make your first Fchat post. Helping out a fellow Fchatter.

Thanks,
    - Ed -

17. Spragg

Spragg Rookie

Nov 10, 2008
    Calgary, Alberta
    Full Name:
    Nicholas
    I was going to keep my first post for when I buy a Ferrari (looking for a 348, Black/Black) but that could be summer. This was the only usefull post I could give to f-chat at this time.

Nick

18. troy_wood

troy_wood Formula 3

Apr 28, 2007
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Full Name:
    Troy Wood
    #118 troy_wood, Jan 18, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2009
    Cape Breton's Cabot Trail in the fall. We are blessed with this world class road and scenery in our back yard. Let take our Ferrari's for a real workout here next fall? If we plan for it now you can easily fit 2/3 days into a fall schedule. I will keep posting here once a week to keep the "Nova Scotia Thread" highlighted.

There's are reason Travel And Leisure Magazine named the Cabot Trail number 1 in all North America for 2008 (#2 in 2007) as the best road trip in North America : http://www.travelandleisure.com/worldsbest/2008/results.cfm?cat=islandsusca

Staying too close to home (staying safe) with your Ferrari is not cool!

Troy

19. Bones2U

Bones2U Formula Junior

Jul 13, 2008
    Ontario
    #120 Bones2U, Apr 28, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2009
    Guys I'm coming to Halifax with the family in May. My wife is graduating from Mount Saint Vincent University with a Master Degree in Education. We are there for 3 days. I want to take her and her other friends from school out to Lunch on the Friday. Can you guys suggest some nice places to go and eat? I am calling a few but not very many places are open for lunch. Thanks in advance for your help.

20. troy_wood

troy_wood Formula 3

Apr 28, 2007
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Full Name:
    Troy Wood
    Marlon - If you want the best in Maritime seafood, try the "5 Fishermen". Hope you enjoy your visit.

21. clamont

clamont Rookie

Jul 6, 2008
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Shoot, sorry I missed this post earlier.

Not sure if you're already here, but - 5 Fishermen is not open for lunch, unfortunately. However, there's a bar/grill right below it called the Little Fish, which uses the same kitchen, and is pretty good.

I can also highly recommend Gio, located in the Prince George hotel - and I guarantee they're open at lunch.

22. clamont

clamont Rookie

Jul 6, 2008
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Troy and I finally managed to talk to each other (not just exchange phone messages!), and we're going to see if we can't meet up fairly soon.

We're tentatively planning to get together on Saturday, June 13th, in Truro (about mid-point for both of us).

We didn't actually talk about a time, but I'm thinking to meet about 10:30AM. Troy suggested the Tim Horton's, sounds good to me. I'm guessing Troy means the one on 51 Robie, right off the 102 and Glooscap.

http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=51+robie+street,+truro,+ns&sll=45.36777,-63.315598&sspn=0.011789,0.027552&g=51+robie+street,+truro&ie=UTF8&ll=45.370961,-63.314209&spn=0.18861,0.440826&z=12

Anyone else feeling like going for a nice Saturday drive?

23. clamont

clamont Rookie

Jul 6, 2008
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Tap tap tap.

This thing on?

24. writerguy

writerguy F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2003
    NewRotic
    Full Name:
    Otto
    Lads

Comin home middle of July

Heading to the lower Deck

Sad my old high school (halifax west) was bulldozed and the Daily News (first place I worked as a journalist) tiz gone.....

First time back in almost 10 years

Jim