The official MP4-12C Thread | Page 37 | FerrariChat

The official MP4-12C Thread

Discussion in 'British' started by Superquant, Feb 22, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. cka

cka Formula 3

Oct 12, 2009
    botanic gardens
    Full Name:
    king
    Thanks for the info. I am thinking of having a two tone interior with black and orange leather. On the configurator, with custom interior, only the seats are two tone but the dash board remains black. I prefer a two tone dash as well but it turns out only black on the configurator. Seems the custom option is rather limited.

2. DouglasNg

DouglasNg Formula 3

Jun 6, 2004
    SG
    Full Name:
    Douglas
    Hi king,

your allocation is on the first batch of shipment?

3. Rcktrod

Rcktrod F1 Rookie

Dec 21, 2010
    USA
    You can request the interior be modified through the MOE program. There's a power point series of schematics, of the interior, where you have the chance to request material, color, stitching etc. You should be able to get it from your dealer.

4. Peloton25

Peloton25 F1 Veteran

Jan 24, 2004
    California, USA
    Full Name:
    Erik
  5. cka

cka Formula 3

Oct 12, 2009
    botanic gardens
    Full Name:
    king
    The Singapore dealer was just appointed a couple of weeks ago. The only thing they have so far is a color chart for paint,leather finish and a PDF file of the car. They don't even have a price for the car and i have to spec my car without a confirm options price list. If you have a copy of MOE PDF file, I would appreciate if you can e mail it to me.I will PM my e mail address.Thanks

6. fire_n_ice

fire_n_ice Formula 3

Jun 9, 2006
  7. Rcktrod

Rcktrod F1 Rookie

Dec 21, 2010
    USA
    Just sent it you.

8. Osiris_x11

Osiris_x11 Formula Junior

Oct 30, 2007
    Austin, Texas
    #908 Osiris_x11, Apr 14, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2011
    ,andy c. thanks w/ regards to the anticipated manufactured maint'/service schedule. Looks reasonable enough, for such highly engineered / race derived "street" car.

Wowzers! :cool:

Are there any matte-type finishes offered by McLaren, even as an unlisted option, for the MP4-12C? Truth-be-told, that dark-graphite matte finish in that processed rendered image (linked above) is something I'd truly love! Seems like a custom overlay/wrap would accomplish that as well (but for some reason, non-angular / non-faceted vehicle designs w/ complete "wraps" look bulbous & rotund up-close/in-person; hence why an actual factory finish would still give the sleek/lean profile).

Is there any print literature offered yet, by McLaren, for the MP4-12C? All I've come across so far has been the brochure released at Pebble Beach & other various print-media.

9. fire_n_ice

fire_n_ice Formula 3

Jun 9, 2006
    I have not heard of any unlisted options for exterior paint, as yet. I'm sure they will eventually be able to paint it whatever colour you want, but right now it seems they are keeping things pretty tight while they get ramped up.

I know 3M is supposed to be releasing some new wrap colours right about now, so it may be worth seeing if there is something new.

Not sure about print media, yet. Perhaps the UK contingent can chime in and let you know if there are any hard copy materials from McLaren, thus far.

10. AugustWest

AugustWest Karting

Mar 1, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Like the matte - esp. if that's cf on the front bonnet. Don't care for the rear 3/4 treatment (heavy & chunky/clunky looking) - leaving it matte with carbon turning vanes (and air brake (and front/rear diffusers)) would've been the way to go, imho...

11. andy c

andy c Formula Junior

Feb 19, 2011
    no print media yet,i asked the question to the PR lady at the dunsfold day,its still in production,but she said it would be worth waiting for as there would be more information in it that wasnt currently available

12. Superquant

Superquant Formula Junior

Apr 27, 2009
    I was invited to a mclaren event in NYC this coming Wednesday which is a screening of the movie Senna (amazing if you havent seen it yet) and display of the 12C. I look forward to seeing the car again in person as the last time was quite a while ago - September 2010. Hopefully they will have a different color than the silver one too!

Anyone else from the area attending?

Will post pics.

13. krzys@earthlink.net

[email protected] Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2007
    Darien, ct
    Full Name:
    Krzysztof
    Yes, I got the invite, too, but I am in London next week, unfortunately.

14. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    I'm at Exotic car racing experience in Vegas today about to drive a 458. They announced to the group that the will have a Mpc4 12c in November. Everybody booed of course

No, not really. Everyone went "ooooh" and "aaaaaah!"

So if anyone wants to drive one in November on a track before you buy, this is the place. I can tell you I will definately do it.

15. fire_n_ice

fire_n_ice Formula 3

Jun 9, 2006
    Who are you? And what have you done with the REAL bdelp?? :)

You will difinitely do what? Go back to drive the 12C?

Thanks for the tip BTW!

16. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Yes I'll drive the 12c. Why not? I'd like to drive the new Lambo when they get one of those too. I have no affiliation with these guys but this is just awesome.

I'm about to get into a 458 in a few minutes. I'll post some pics later.

17. fire_n_ice

fire_n_ice Formula 3

Jun 9, 2006
    Great. Who is the organizer of the event?

18. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    It's a company that runs on tuesday Friday and Saturday at the LV speedway.

I just got out of the 458. Interesting car. Smoother than my F 430. Not as raw. The gearbox is amazing.
    I like the LEDs on the steering wheel. Really makes what you're doing easier.

I missed shifted down instead of up by mistake and redlined. The car just took it like it was nothing.

19. Rcktrod

Rcktrod F1 Rookie

Dec 21, 2010
    USA
    Thanks for the heads up. I contacted them a month ago, or so asking when they'd get a 12C to drive. I'm in to drive one there.

20. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Well if you guys come here keep me posted. November and December are my busy months but I might go then. It's not cheap. Figure 500 bucks for 5 laps.

21. fire_n_ice

fire_n_ice Formula 3

Jun 9, 2006
    Cool. Is there an infield road course or are you doing oval laps? Also, is that your first time driving an exotic on a racetrack?

22. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    One mile infield track. Quite a few corners right and left. Most corners are in third gear. They encourage you to drive fast. You're with an instructor.

Yes my first time on a track. I suck at it but don't care. I was just trying to see if I like the 458 enough to jump from the 430. I would say "yes" but it's tough. The F430 is an awesome car but this car seems like it would be a better city driver.

My five laps were up and I couldn't believe it. I thought it was only 3! It goes that fast.

23. fire_n_ice

fire_n_ice Formula 3

Jun 9, 2006
    Awesome. That must mean you are having a blast. Watch out for that track day bug!

24. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    I wouldn't do it in an exotic. But an Ariel Atom would be ideal. That's one car I would really like to own.

25. Falb

Falb Karting

Mar 14, 2011
    Las Vegas
    Exoticsracing.com. They do a great job and have lots of great cars. The course is about one mile and nine turns. Makes for an easy and great day off the strip in some sweet rides.