The One Thing FNA Needs To Do [Assume They Are Reading This Thread]! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

The One Thing FNA Needs To Do [Assume They Are Reading This Thread]!

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by ghost, Dec 9, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Willis360

Willis360 F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Willis H
    Interesting. Maybe they just use a sample of owners? I really appreciate that FNA call about the car and how it's doing post-service. I'm not sure how much feedback the local dealer get but their service is already quite good.

2. ernie

ernie Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 19, 2001
    The Brickyard
    Full Name:
    The Bad Guy
    Stop price gouging.

3. johng

johng Formula 3

Oct 23, 2004
    northern va
    Full Name:
    john g
    i would add ferrari of washington to that list. i've been there several times and it's been a great experience each time.

4. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    Allow the dealers to charge actual market price for new cars or adjust MSRP accordingly...

5. robert biscan

robert biscan F1 Veteran

Jan 17, 2003
    Nashville and Palm b
    Full Name:
    robert s biscan

6. robert biscan

robert biscan F1 Veteran

Jan 17, 2003
    Nashville and Palm b
    Full Name:
    robert s biscan
    Ferrari is already doing that on the 430 spider by requiring the 6k extended warranty and reqd. Nav. optiion. May not be market but that's a definite price adjustment.

7. dan360

dan360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2003
    Boston
    I get an FNA satisfaction survey call pretty much every time I take the car in. Sometimes they send a post card and invite me to phone them :)

Petition the US DOT so that we can get the roll bar installed and the harnesses from the factory. [I'm sure they have to crash a car or two here anyway...]

8. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    You are correct in saying the extended warrenty is a part of the spider's sticker price. The nav. is no longer a a must however.

9. enjoythemusic

enjoythemusic F1 World Champ

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    #34 enjoythemusic, Dec 11, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  10. Dubai Vol

Dubai Vol Formula 3

Aug 12, 2005
    back in Dubai
    Full Name:
    Scot Danner
    HA!

one of my all-time favorites. Especially as our phone company is a government-run monopoly:

"We don't care. We don't have to! We're FNA!"

11. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    What he said. Snobbery and true car enthusiats don't mix. But...

Several Ferrari dealers, and at least one of the well-known guys who regularly re-sells highline F-cars, have made it very plain to me that it's not worth their time to find and sell me a 308/328. I was told this, point blank. The margin's not there.

Given the thread topic, I think FNA would do well to have a certified pre-owned program with select older cars. It would save them from having to introduce a new downmarket car (their 'Boxster' or new Dino) and enhance the cachet of all their cars. My local BMW dealer keeps a couple of 2002tii track cars in a little museum off the showroom, taking up expensive floor space. It's to suggest that when you buy a BMW you're buying something with heritage and long-term signficance, not like those Acuras across the street. Ferrari should take note.

12. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Robert, i saw your 360 Spider at Ferrari of Atlanta on Saturday... They had it on the floor... It was diiiiiiiiirty...! i guess you drive yours; awesome...

i thought the interior was really nice... It's a great-looking car... Is is just there for service or are you getting something else or...? i'm not much of a red/tan guy, but yours is really a beautiful Ferrari...

13. sjmst

sjmst F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Sam
    This question supposes that if FNA read this thread, they would care what was said.
    As long as every Ferrari is sold before it is built, I fail to see why they have any incentive to change anything. Along the lines of "if it ain't broke don't fix it."
    From my own limited experience, and from what I have read, F car dealers treat their customers no better or worse than most dealers. They are well below the better dealers of other marques in terms of service.
    Why? Because they can. Why make the extra effort when people line up for super expensive cam belt changes every 15,000 miles? Further, I have heard customers here and elsewhere actually excuse, and make excuses for, shabby service by dealers and service centers. So, again, why should we expect any changes?
    Hey, I'm not claiming FNA, or for that matter dealers, are bad people. Just stating economics as I see it.

ANYWAY, out of respect for the thread’s question, yes, the advice would be to treat every customer as if they are the only one.

14. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    For customer service, press 1.

Pronto?

Vaffunculo!

Ciao!

<click>

15. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna

Umm, they already have a certified pre owned program. They started it last year.

16. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    It's called Ferrari POWER program (an FNA program, not sure what happens worldwide).

http://www.ferraripower.com/POWER/index.asp?content=3

Basically needs to be a US car, be less than 10 years old, have less than 55K miles, be unmodified, had all required service done by authorized Ferrari service and pass an inspection test before entering the program.

17. tuttebenne

tuttebenne F1 Rookie

Mar 26, 2003
    Bay Shore, NY
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Agreed. When the day comes that they have a hard time selling their product, they will start to look at the causes of the problem. Right now, there is no penalty for selling high-priced parts and for not caring as much as some companies do about customer service.

18. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Ron Tonkin GT Cars...add them to the list of people "doing things right"..

I walked in off the street into Parts, got everything I needed for a 25 year old car from STOCK!

And then they shipped my Euro spoiler and a spare set of wheels home for me!

FORZA!!!

It's all in how you talk to folks, IMO.......

I like that phone conversation though, Eric! LOL!

19. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Oh, and they said..."That's a nice shirt you have, man!" ;)

20. Ken

Ken F1 World Champ

Oct 19, 2001
    Arlington Heights IL
    Full Name:
    Kenneth
    I have never, ever, ever, bought a Lotus part from Lotus. We are lucky to have three firms that stock Lotus parts in the US at (usually) reasonable prices. Lots is aftermarket, some is NOS, some is OOS! I call one all the time for technical support on my 33 year old car as well as when I need to buy something. I'm not aware of anywhere but this group where Ferrari owners can get anywhere near that level of technical support for the DIY crowd.

Can you call a Ferrari dealer or any of the parts guys and get free, useful technical help? If not, Ferrari should think about creating a resource. I don't shop my parts much because I appriciate the relationship I have with my parts guy.

Ken

21. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    Yes.

22. Modenafan

Modenafan F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 19, 2004
    Moorpark
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I've only owned my car a year, but no calls so far. I've done a 5k service, oil change and belt service. My Ferrari dealer calls and makes sure I'm happy just in case FNA calls.

23. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Seems like you're one of the chosen ones. - ;)

As you can see, the practive is far from frequent or universal.

24. robiferretti

robiferretti F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    NYC area
    Full Name:
    rob ferretti
    fix your BS speedo readings over 100...

stop understating the cars curb weights

stop over stating the cars power and abilities

And bring cars in faster so the enthusiasts stop getting raped by paying over sticker