The perfect GT3/ GT3rs Long Tube Headers - 991 & 991.2 | FerrariChat

The perfect GT3/ GT3rs Long Tube Headers - 991 & 991.2

Discussion in 'Porsche' started by Fabspeed Motorsport, Jan 26, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Fabspeed Motorsport

Sponsor

Feb 5, 2009
    Fort Washington, PA
    Full Name:
    John S
    Hello f-Chatters! I wanted to take a moment and introduce to you, what I consider the most impressive product we have ever made! Getting these headers finished to this level has certainly been a labor of love; Countless hours on the dyno, disassembling, then reassembling, cutting, tweaking, welding dyno'ing, then cutting apart again, all while listening to and learning from our clients and industry partners... Testing different combinations on various iterations of the GT3, sitting down with a variety of clients who use their GT3 cars in different ways, industry partners, and enthusiasts, and with the input of multiple Fabspeed engineers...

We have what I believe to be, the perfect long tube exhaust manifold for the 991 and 991.2 GT3 , GT3rs and 911r cars. I was too excited about this to not post it here, plus I know some of you guys (and Carol) are really into Porsche. Since the original 991 GT3 we had a race header made within months of the first car landing in North America; they worked well, sounded good, and sales were good. We kept getting approached by more hardcore track guys to build something "better" (for what they use their cars for). Enter our Long Tube Competition Race Header.

A local gentleman, and long time client of Fabspeed who happens to own an UV 991 GT3RS came by, said "this is what I want", and we got to work. The results spoke for themselves. We teamed up with some of the premier names in exhaust components to ensure this was the ultimate header kit for these cars. Burns stainless out of Costa Mesa California supplies the high velocity merge collectors (if you don't know who Burns Stainless is, well... it doesn't get any better when it comes to merge collectors.) These collectors help broaden the torque curve, and the slip fit design not only makes installation a breeze, it allows for expansion and contraction as the engine shifts under load, keeping everything in place without putting undue stress on welds and other components.

We finished the manifolds with a set of side muffler bypass pipes utilizing Helical valves. Helical valves are used by many OEM suppliers such as Porsche, McLaren, Ferrari, etc. The valve body itself is reinforced cast stainless steel with 625 Inconel bearings on either side of the butterfly.

Lastly I attached a few tip options we have that work with the stock center muffler. The stock tips work fine, but if you want a touch of carbon fiber, or brushed stainless,... these are a nice option.

Benefits:
    - 40lb weight saving
    - 24whp/30ft/lb tq without a tune || 40whp with our tune
    - Fits all 991 GT3/GT3RS/911R cars
    - Throttle response GREATLY improved
    - Easy Install
    - Sounds incredible
    - CAD and Dyno Developed

As always, shoot me a PM, call, text, email, carrier pigeon, etc. for forum pricing or with questions.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login