The plot thickens - was Cosworth deal condition of '10 entry? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

The plot thickens - was Cosworth deal condition of '10 entry?

Discussion in 'F1' started by jknight, Jul 6, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. VIZSLA

VIZSLA Four Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    How much of the Cosworth stuff happened before the FIA vote? A quick read of the reports seems to indicate that most, if not all, happened in the run-up to the show down with Max ands was an attempt by him to solidify his position. If so is it still much of a concern?
    Excuse the question but I'm more than a bit confused at this point:)

2. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    The current FOTA teams should be concerned as I believe Ford engines have had the most wins in F1 history...

3. Simon^2

Simon^2 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2005
    At Sea Level
    gotta have a chassis to drop it into...

watching? no doubt...

concerned? I seriously doubt it.

4. jknight

jknight F1 Veteran

Oct 30, 2004
    Central Texas
    The Ferrari team leads over Ford as the most successful F1 engine manufacturer with 182 wins compared to Ford’s 176 wins.

Carol

5. LMPDesigner

LMPDesigner F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 5, 2003
    Atlanta Georgia
    And Ford has absolutely nothing to do with Cosworth anymore.....And never did have much in the past.

6. Fast_ian

Fast_ian Two Time F1 World Champ

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    +1 It was labelled Ford in the "early days", they did put up the initial money after all. But even that eventually went away. Eddie Irvine was quoted recently in Forza saying Ford (Jaguar) were the absolute worst race team he ever had the misfortune to drive for - He basically said they were a bunch of complete idiots with too many bosses who didn't know anything about anything......

Cheers,
    Ian

7. jknight

jknight F1 Veteran

Oct 30, 2004
    Central Texas
  8. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I really hope so, if not lets hope the rejected teams that refused to run Cosworth pursue the matter.

Really is there anymore proof needed that Mosley is a stinking lying corrupt scum dickator.. How stupid must he think folk are not to see through him.