The Pope knows what he is doing | FerrariChat

The Pope knows what he is doing

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by Longstone Tyres, Apr 20, 2023.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Longstone Tyres

Longstone Tyres Formula 3
    Sponsor

Feb 2, 2006
    Full Name:
    Dougal
    My son found this picture.

View attachment 3512970

and because i have trained him up to be a tyre nerd he immediately spotted that the Pope is a man of discerning taste and his tyre choice is based on quality not price, as it should be. As a result he has fitted the Michelin TRX on his Mondail. My bet is that if he had a 400 he would have probably fitted TRX on that too.

https://www.longstonetyres.co.uk/michelin-classic-tyres/trx.html

Amen!

We have plenty of them. we ship all over the world. it rarely takes longer than a week. generally next day in the UK. 2 or 3 in Europe land, included in which we have arranged all your taxs so it does not get held up by customs. and the rest of the world up to 10 days max, but usually within a week.

Ak Jim and Il Tifoso like this.
  2. Schumi

Schumi Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 5, 2002
    Missouri
    Full Name:
    Daren
    What is the story on the supposed recall of non-DOT branded tires by Michelin?

3. Longstone Tyres

Sponsor

Feb 2, 2006
    Full Name:
    Dougal
    Its a bit crazy really. these tyres it turns out are perfectly safe to be run at 170mph in Europe where they are tested for an hour continuously. so these tyres are perfectly safe.

4. Schumi

Schumi Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 5, 2002
    Missouri
    Full Name:
    Daren
    Thanks for the response, but do you have any information on the warranty/recall letters some, but not all, have received?

5. Longstone Tyres

Sponsor

Feb 2, 2006
    Full Name:
    Dougal
    No sorry.

do you want to send them back?

6. Schumi

Schumi Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 5, 2002
    Missouri
    Full Name:
    Daren
    @Longstone Tyres Not at all, just wondering what was going on with Michelin. I think they are great tires (although pricey). Appreciate your involvement in our forum.

7. Longstone Tyres

Sponsor

Feb 2, 2006
    Full Name:
    Dougal
    Hi Schumi

I think basically Michelin made a legislatory mistake. I think you are not in jeopardy driving on these tyres. They simply do not have a red tape box ticked.

https://www.longstonetyres.co.uk/michelin-classic-tyres/trx/240-55r390-michelin-trx.html

this tyre i think this tyre only fits the Mondial, and in some case only the rear. Michelin make this tyre specifically only for you guys and in Europe it has the 89W load and speed rating. which means it has been tested while carrying a load of 580kg at 270kmh for an hour continuously. I think it will be fine. + what else would you fit?

8. Schumi

Schumi Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 5, 2002
    Missouri
    Full Name:
    Daren
    They've been great tires for me and they look perfect on this car - nothing else will do.

Rosey likes this.