The "Uovo" today. | FerrariChat

The "Uovo" today.

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by Ferrari27, Sep 1, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ferrari27

Ferrari27 Formula Junior

Jul 5, 2010
    of2worlds, TTR, Timmmmmmmmmmy and 4 others like this.
  2. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Which other Ferraris are at Hampton Court today?
    Thank you.

Marcel Massini

3. Ferrari27

Ferrari27 Formula Junior

Jul 5, 2010
    of2worlds, gt1995, TTR and 1 other person like this.
  4. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    Man, I would love to take it on to a several day (or longer) road trip up to Sierras or Rockies, just to see how much (if any ?) better driving experience/pleasure it would provide in comparison to my modified/hot rodded '32 Plymouth Roadster. :rolleyes:
    I saw the car at the PB and like so many other coach built (GT or sports) cars of that era, it didn't look quite as comfortable* as one would expect or hope from an example of that magnitude.
    So if you run into the owner again, perhaps tell him if he ever brings it back to this side of the pond and is interested in sharing a good road trip, I might let him drive mine in exchange. :D

* Practical and useful (as intended) drivability are some of the key factors I tend to focus on when admiring/observing/studying any and all vintage cars, regardless of age, make or model.
    If they're not there, part of my interest drops, no matter how gorgeous the coachwork/design or how great the mechanical engineering/execution the car has.

5. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    250LM was there no?

6. Terra

Terra F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 16, 2004
    It actually resides in the State of Washington.

TTR likes this.
  7. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    Well, perhaps that'll make it easier for the owner to join me on a road trip ? :D

8. Daytonafan

Daytonafan F1 Rookie

Oct 18, 2003
    Surrey, England
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    No there was one at the Salon Privé event held during the week at Blenheim Palace.

of2worlds likes this.
  9. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Oh I mixed the events. What is the name of the Hampton Court event and how far from Salon Prive is it?

Quite amazing to have 2 events in a few days span with the quality of cars seen here and at Salon Prive.

10. Daytonafan

Daytonafan F1 Rookie

Oct 18, 2003
    Surrey, England
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    It's called the Concours of Elegance. For a while it rotated between the different royal palaces but for the next five years they will hold it at Hampton Court which is the best of the palaces for staging the event IMO https://concoursofelegance.co.uk/

The two events are about 40 miles apart and maybe just over an hour's drive depending on traffic. Both are great events but Salon Prive seems to be more corporate than the Concours. I guess with the two events plus the RM sale in London this week and the Revival next weekend make for The South East of England's own Monterey week albeit the events are geographically further apart.

of2worlds and Timmmmmmmmmmy like this.
  11. Smiles

Smiles F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 20, 2003
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    Matt F
    Lots of thoughts, but I’ll share a few.

I’m so happy that I owned one type of the cars pictured.

The 365 California was such an odd “production” Ferrari.

What a great collection!!!

Matt

12. Daytonafan

Daytonafan F1 Rookie

Oct 18, 2003
    Surrey, England
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    The 330GT 2+2 was lovely, looked like it has had a lot of money spent on it recently. It wasn't in the main concours but was parked with the Bentley drivers club and had one of their parking hangars. Presumably the owner decieded to bring it rather than their Bentley.

The Viola coloured Daytona was not in the concours either, owner is on the organising committee of the event I believe?

of2worlds and Smiles like this.