The wheels are on, I am not sure and on the fence!! | Page 3 | FerrariChat

The wheels are on, I am not sure and on the fence!!

Discussion in '360/430' started by boba fett, May 14, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dom1172

dom1172 Karting

Mar 26, 2005
    Sarasota, FL
    Full Name:
    Dom
    They looked great! Your potential buyer market will likely only get bigger if you explain how you did this ;)

2. boba fett

boba fett Formula Junior

Feb 24, 2019
    Hi, what do you mean by potential buyer market?

3. dom1172

dom1172 Karting

Mar 26, 2005
    Sarasota, FL
    Full Name:
    Dom
    “So that now leaves a 458 wheel to be refurbished, but I might go OEM with the set because I am going to sell them, and the original wheels going a different colour, so back to the studio!” - I thought this meant you were going to sell the 458 wheels. I was simply stating that if you told everyone what you did to fit them on the F430, you’d broaden your potential buyer pool? I don’t see any clarification of how you accomplished that in this thread, and it looks like others have asked also?

4. boba fett

boba fett Formula Junior

Feb 24, 2019
    Once I have wrote all the specs up on a word document and captured everything you need to do, of course I will share it and PM those interested. There is no hidden agenda!

5. Sj_engr

Sj_engr Formula 3

Sep 15, 2020
    San Jose
    Full Name:
    dc
    Original wheels look better and likely would of survived the indecent.

6. boba fett

boba fett Formula Junior

Feb 24, 2019
    I agree as per my post, I don't think I have just been unlucky, 30 profile tyres in the UK with the state of our roads is just not worth the risk.

Its a shame because the wheels are unquestionably better looking on the car, I love them, you need to see them in the metal, they look epic, however.

Got some custom made adapters for sale now, if anyone is interested PM me!

7. Mike Morrissey

Mike Morrissey Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2018
    Denver, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Mike Morrissey
    I think they look fantastic. I’m not usually a fan of changing out from stock wheels, especially when going to a darker color, although the shade on these is beautiful. The design is a great improvement.

8. boba fett

boba fett Formula Junior

Feb 24, 2019
    Again I agree, makes me want to put them back on, sadly its the Ultra low profile tyres that's the problem (and the fact our roads are shocking) and I don't want to drive the car having to look out and concentrate on potholes that I need to avoid!

Mike Morrissey likes this.
  9. Mike Morrissey

Mike Morrissey Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2018
    Denver, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Mike Morrissey
    I certainly understand your position. When I make changes to my car, I usually find myself on the fence. o_O

10. boba fett

boba fett Formula Junior

Feb 24, 2019
    I had a 911 Turbo that I modified, dropped really low, Aero kit etc it looked absolutely stunning, however, it caught on nearly every speed bump, and I was conscious of dips and undulations and I really could only go where I knew the roads, in short I wanted the looks but not the drive!

Looking at some of the cars on here, I suspect there is quite a few in similar situations!

Mike Morrissey likes this.
  11. Mike Morrissey

Mike Morrissey Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2018
    Denver, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Mike Morrissey
  12. Sj_engr

Sj_engr Formula 3

Sep 15, 2020
    San Jose
    Full Name:
    dc
    The backdrop is an embarrassment too.

13. boba fett

boba fett Formula Junior

Feb 24, 2019
    I am not a fan of aftermarket wheels for the reasons in the picture, that they look aftermarket. The 355 is such a stunning car out the box and a design icon and then someone puts Doc Martins on it!!

Each to there own though, the owner likes it and that's all that really matters!!!

14. mwstewart

mwstewart F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Most 19" wheels are too much for this chassis, except on a track.