Things that disappear | FerrariChat

Things that disappear

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Frari, Mar 31, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Frari

Frari Formula 3

Nov 5, 2003
    brisbane australia
    Full Name:
    tony
    I posted a thread re a great drive to the North Coast last weekend. My partner and I attended the Mooloolabe triathlon. We locked the tr in the Motel car park for the weekend and on the way home there was not too much traffic so I had a good fast spin and noticed a little wheel wobble so decided to have a wheel balance this week. I am getting an on car balance. Anyway i went to the tyre dealer for the balance and noticed all my Ferrari valve caps are missing. Doesn't that give you the sh*ts when that happens. Has anyone else had the same problem? regards Tony

2. Titanboy_24

Titanboy_24 Formula 3

Dec 28, 2003
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Lucas Scarfone
    Sorry to hear about your valve caps:(!! My brother had the same thing happen with his car, he spent about $20 on some nice valve caps, and some stupid kid(s) took them!! I think the only way to aviod this is to buy the ones that have the locks on them, so no matter how hard they try they cant get them off (plus they look awsome!!) Again sorry to hear about your "dissaperance" and good luck with your valve cap future:p!

Lucas

3. Tyler

Tyler F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2001
    dusty old farm town
    Full Name:
    Tyler
    I think Ferrari valve stem caps have to be the most stolen thing on Ferraris. I don't think I know anyone who hasn't had them "lifted" at some point by some little ****.

4. Frari

Frari Formula 3

Nov 5, 2003
    brisbane australia
    Full Name:
    tony
    The caps I had were supposed to be anti theft. i bought them on ebay but the quality was not the best. i just bought another set on ebay yesterday they are a different type so hope the quality of these will be better.regards tony

5. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Buy and use plain non-Ferrari ones, and save the fancy stuff for when you are showing the car.

Surely there are enough Ferrari logos on the car that the valve caps can be plain metal ones?

Pete

6. Willis360

Willis360 F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Willis H
    Yes, use the plain, generic caps for normal road use.

7. bigbaddad

bigbaddad Karting

Oct 31, 2003
    Arizona
    Full Name:
    John Roberts
    My Ferrari one's are still on the car, but the valve caps on our P-car were taken just last week. I'm glad that's all they did to the car. I put plain ones on in their place.

-John

8. The Mad Hatter

The Mad Hatter Formula Junior

Feb 27, 2004
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    The Mad Hatter
    I am sorry to hear about your caps...that really sucks. The same thing happened to me about 6 years ago with my BMW valve stem caps. We were living in a townhouse at the time and one day they were gone...but then showed up on the BIKE of a boy who lived about 8 units down the street from us!!! When I asked him where he scored such a cool set of valve stem covers he rode off...STRAIGHT TO HIS HOUSE! Needless to say, he didn't have the smarts to make this his profession. Anyway, after a short (and I do mean short) conversation with his father the other two were recovered in his room and I can still remember hearing the scream from his bedroom window as I walked back to place my caps back on...his dad was not too happy to say the least. I have heard from a number of friends that that is really where they end up...on bikes...just my two-centavos ;-)

Cheers,
    Travis

9. enjoythemusic

enjoythemusic F1 World Champ

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    A while back Groits Garage sold pilfer-proof caps and i have a set. They are great and have never had a valve stem stolen :)

Think Groits stopped selling them though due to legalities :(

10. Fastviper

Fastviper F1 Rookie

Nov 20, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Dash
    whats a $20 cap when It could of been a $1000 scratch

john

11. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    Does anyone remember the link about some kids on BMX bikes caught stealing valve caps off a BMW M3? Some guy just parked the car & watched two kids steal them, the owner took oe of the kids bikes & called the cops while his buddy ran off. The whole thing was documented with a digital camera. Great story.

12. The Mad Hatter

The Mad Hatter Formula Junior

Feb 27, 2004
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    The Mad Hatter
    ...deja vu all over again! I would love to see that if someone could post it up....awesome!

Cheers,
    Travis

13. dfratini

dfratini Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 31, 2003
    Spokane, WA
    Full Name:
    Daniel Fratini
    Latest Griot's catalouge lists the "Pilfer Resistant Valve Stem Caps" on pg. 40 at $37 a set

14. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    Lamarossa took them and put them on his "512M".