This is nothing short of amazing! | FerrariChat

This is nothing short of amazing!

Discussion in '308/328' started by mwhite, May 10, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mwhite

mwhite Karting

Nov 10, 2003
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Matthew White
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQenBjDPUaA]Dude builds a Ferrari - YouTube[/ame]

Have you guys seen this???

2. greg328

greg328 F1 Rookie

Nov 17, 2003
    Austin, TX USA
    Full Name:
    Greg
    That was on here years ago. Awesome though

3. noblesteed

noblesteed Formula Junior

Sep 9, 2011
    Oklahoma
    Full Name:
    Brantley
    Wow. Very cool.

4. Todd308TR

Todd308TR F1 World Champ

Nov 25, 2010
    LA
    Full Name:
    Todd
    Saw this a long time ago, don't know whether to admire him or feel sorry for him?

5. David Jarrett

David Jarrett Karting

Sep 21, 2006
    Chatham Kent
    Full Name:
    David Jarrett
  6. MBFerrari

MBFerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 2, 2008
    NoVA
    Full Name:
    Matt B
    That's kind of what I was thinking. I work with many engineers and I feel sorry for many of them. He could have spent his time working and saving money to buy a real one.

He could sell that one to start his Ferrari fund.

7. bobzdar

bobzdar F1 Veteran

Sep 22, 2008
    Richmond
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Or he could have just built a real one...

8. Zeus

Zeus Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 28, 2007
    Palm Beach
    Full Name:
    Lawrence
    ...no kidding. Ken Imhoff built a real live Lamborghini Countach from scratch in his basement in less time than it took for that guy to build the scale model Ferrari. Of course he had to knock down a wall of his house and have his yard excavated to get it out.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgPNtyVS8zs]Garage Shop Fabricator?: Ken Imhoff - YouTube[/ame]

9. Zeus

Zeus Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 28, 2007
    Palm Beach
    Full Name:
    Lawrence
  10. 4rePhill

4rePhill F1 Veteran

Oct 18, 2009
    Worcester, England
    Full Name:
    Phill J
    He didn't build a real live Lamborghini Countach, he built a replica that doesn't even have a replica engine in it.

The only people on this planet who can build a real live Lamborghini Countach are Lamborghini!

Also, unlike the Ferrari Model builder, He didn't have to mould his own tyres, his own lights etc.

He also didn't have to create from scratch the entire engine, gearbox, clutch, brake pads, wheels, carburettors, pedals, switches etc., etc., etc.

Also, this is in completely the wrong section as it has absolutely nothing to do with Ferrari 308/328's!

For the Lamborghini replica, there were plenty of parts bought off the shelf.

For the Ferrari model, everything had to be made from scratch, nothing could be bought off the shelf ready made, and that makes his creation far more impressive than someone making a fake Lamborghini!

Also, this is in completely the wrong place as it has nothing to do with Ferrari 308/328's whatsoever!

11. Zeus

Zeus Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 28, 2007
    Palm Beach
    Full Name:
    Lawrence
    Geez, I think someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning. At least the OP and all the other posters own 308/328's (except Pete who own as 355), so I think the OP can be excused for his transgression. And even you must admit that the "fake" Lambo sure sounds sweet.