topless TR & SCM | FerrariChat

topless TR & SCM

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by grantb, Apr 2, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. grantb

grantb Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    Columbia SC
    Full Name:
    Danny Burnstein
    Has anyone read the recent review in Sports Car Market regarding the topless Testarossa recently sold at auction?
    I found the comments by the writer somewhat disturbing.
    I will quote 2 examples.
    "The bad news is that while any Ferrari can be a money pit, a Testarossa more resembles a bottomless pool of quicksand. A recent survey of three
    large Ferrari dealers returned obscene quotes of $12,000-$15,000 for a major service recommended every three years."

Anybody out there spend 12-15k every 3 years for a service, yeah right!

There are additional comments regarding the motorized seatbelts, which we all know is a factory authorized recall.
    "The complicated motorized seatbelt system was troublesome when new-
    if the belts are bad and you're lucky enough to find the necessary parts,the
    repair bill can run another couple of grand"

I, for one, enjoy their magazine, but feel srongly that the information should be accurate.I plan on sending them an email to correct the errors.
    Comments such as these can not help both the reputation and values of TRs.
    If I were looking for one, and this didn't scare me off completely, I might welcome this inaccurate diatribe for making it a liittle cheaper to buy a TR

2. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    My last service was around $8k for my 512TR. Now a 512TR race car is more like a pit of quicksand :)

3. SONNY

SONNY Rookie

Nov 13, 2003
    That sounds like another idiot that is not informed! Nail him with slander or whatever you can! I can not stand the lack of due diligence on the part of supposed writers. My last service for my TR was $3631.00 by a local shop. Like everything else in this world, be smart....shop and compare.