TPMS not working | FerrariChat

TPMS not working

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by Stercrazy, Apr 16, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Stercrazy

Stercrazy Karting

Sep 29, 2017
    NC and FL
    Full Name:
    Paul Winchester
    I have a 2011 Cali that shows a TPMS error on start up. Is there any way to test to see if it is a problem with an individual sensor or a problem with the “receiver”. Any way to isolate which sensor if any is “bad”

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

2. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    If you flip the TFT display from engine/oil temps to tire temps/pressures, do all tires report back data? None of them?
    Or, can you not get this screen to come up?
    T

3. SVCalifornia

SVCalifornia Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 28, 2011
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Keith
    If the sensors in the toms units haven’t been changed since new then the car likely needs new sensors. Do all of them at once. Even if it is only one you’ll be dealing with it on the others soon enough.

Got mine on amazon and had them changed when I got new tires. Tire rack had them cheap too.

SV

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4. Motob

Motob Formula 3
    Professional Ferrari Technician

Nov 11, 2003
    Frederick, Maryland
    Full Name:
    Brian Brown
    If the TPMS sensors are original, then they past their typical battery life. If you have access to a Ferrari specific diagnostic tester, then you can check the battery life by communicating with the TPMS ECU.
    It is probably easiest to replace all four sensors when you replace your tires. I recommend using OEM Huf sensors (they make them for Ferrari), that you can purchase from an aftermarket vendor.
    If you do a search, you will find many threads on this subject.

MalibuGuy likes this.