track pack is "silly" - apparently | FerrariChat

track pack is "silly" - apparently

Discussion in 'McLarenChat.com' started by aaronrgonz, Apr 17, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. aaronrgonz

aaronrgonz Karting
    Miami 2018

Apr 17, 2018
    Full Name:
    Aaron Gonzales
    Chris harris thinks the $37,000 trakc pack for the 720 isn't all that great. Forged wheels, a titanium roll cage, and "a load of carbon" are a few of the examples he gives.

*video add edit

https://mclarenchat.com/forum/news/748

2. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    It is definitely pricey, but I like it. I have a 'Track Pack' 570S. It was a pricey option as well, but I love it! The seats, exhaust and wheels alone make it worth it and from what I have seen in asking prices, all the 'Track Pack' 570s (there aren't many) are priced more than what I paid. Could it possibly be that my Mac might hold value? Wouldn't that be nice!

3. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    I think Chris was referring to the Value for money ratio, not the actual parts included in a track pack.

Indeed McLaren significantly overcharge for this option vs how much it actually costs to produce it. I would still choose a used vehicle with it vs without it but have to think long and hard about whether it really is worth the extra $ if speccing one new. And that's the real point here..

4. aaronrgonz

aaronrgonz Karting
    Miami 2018

Apr 17, 2018
    Full Name:
    Aaron Gonzales

I can definitely see that being the case.