Trapped in my ZR1 | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Trapped in my ZR1

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by leead1, Apr 9, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bounty

bounty F1 Veteran

Feb 18, 2006
    San Diego, CA
  2. HolyRoller

HolyRoller Formula Junior

Dec 19, 2008
    SE NC
    Full Name:
    Captain Slow
    How about keeping a little window-breaking hammer under the seat? Or an automatic center punch? Either one should shatter the side glass into (relatively) harmless frags. Or am I believing "Mythbusters" when I shouldn't?

Sadly, there is no federal anti-SLAPP or SLAPP-BACK law, although many states have them. You'd know that if you were a lawyer whose clients are regularly threatened with defamation lawsuits for posting perfectly true and applicable criticism of fraudsters and criminals online. Been sued myself for that, luckily by somebody in a state that DID have a nice anti-SLAPP statute. I can't tell you what the settlement was, but DMV records indicate that my license plate moved from a 194,000-mile Civic to a brand new S2000 somewhere in that time frame.

3. jimmyb

jimmyb Formula 3

Dec 26, 2005
    Charlotte, N.C.
    Full Name:
    James Bookout
    #78 jimmyb, Apr 14, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2011
    Lee,
    A couple of things FYI:

If the battery in the fob goes dead and you are locked out of the car, there is a key cylinder between the license plate lights in the rear fascia. Your fob has a silver top with small tabs on either side of the fob. Press those tabs and and remove the key and you can unlock the rear hatch. There are pull tabs (attached to cables) on each side against the rear panel inside the trunk that will open the doors. There is also a cable release for the gas flap back there, all these releases have large yellow handles on them, you can't miss 'em. Also, the car will sense a low battery fob and will ding at you and show "low battery fob" in the Driver information center. If you ignore that warning, there is a port in the glove box (not the center console) that you can plug a dead fob into and the car will start until you replace the fob battery.

And finally, I have owned 2 C6's, while you literally need to do nothing to them but change the oil, the cars, because of all this electrical stuff, have a healthy appetite for batteries. Neither of my C6 batteries made it 3 years. And those run flat tires are pretty dear when replacement time comes (especially the Michelins on your ZR1)!

Jimmy

4. RacerX_GTO

RacerX_GTO F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    Gabe V.
    #79 RacerX_GTO, Apr 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I never would have guessed. What car manufacturer does something like that, you should just be able to unlock the door and get out.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. leead1

leead1 F1 Rookie

Nov 29, 2006
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Lee
    That is my point of view. Stupid design but once toy know the trick it is okay.

Lee

6. leead1

leead1 F1 Rookie

Nov 29, 2006
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Lee
    Your battery comment is very interesting and mirrors my data point of 1 :)

I did not know the tires where run flats.

The only point I disagree about is you can miss the switch as I did along with the police officer and the dealer.

Lee

7. leead1

leead1 F1 Rookie

Nov 29, 2006
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Lee

Travis a very good idea. Lamboginni used to provide these for the one of their cars.

The the cars I have the question is where do you stop, fire extinguisher, hammer or bull horn etc

The vette is okay now I know where the switches are.

Thank you for the idea :)

Lee

8. ralfabco

ralfabco Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir
    Tony,

I enjoyed reading your story.

9. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Thank you Ralph the feeling is mutual.

10. nthfinity

nthfinity F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2005
    South East MI
    Full Name:
    Isaac not Issac
  11. S Brake

S Brake F1 World Champ

Aug 3, 2006
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Dave
  12. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    The Camaro Indy 500 Pace Car this year is pretty nice.....

13. leead1

leead1 F1 Rookie

Nov 29, 2006
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Lee
    Not me another poor owner who got trapped. I feel his pain

Lee