Trouble with Opus Media? | FerrariChat

Trouble with Opus Media?

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by Retail, May 23, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Retail

Retail Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 9, 2010
    Eastern US
    Full Name:
    Retail
    I bought a Ferrari Opus when they were published and am very happy with it. Then I sent them a couple thousand dollars for a Ferrari F1 table they offered and after months of promises the table was coming in days from Karl Fowler their leader they dropped all communication despite emails, calls, and queries to their customer support web site. I have no idea what recourse I have to get my money back. Any thoughts?

2. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    I'm imagining since the book (if its the same book I remember) was pretty expensive then the table is likely even more expensive? If so then its a substantial sum of money. First question is how did you send the money? If credit card then I think I would begin with your CC company.

3. ChoroQ

ChoroQ Karting

Jan 20, 2014
    Europe
    Full Name:
    A.C.
    I have the same problem, just change the subject.
    This is my "problem" and all the info I have: after last year Le Mans, Opus announced a new opera based on this mighty race. Many trustable site report the news, as the ACO itself.
    I contacted Opus directly and after some emails with Karl Fowler - that was always kind and full of attention to me - I decided to go for the "Winner Edition", their most precious and valuable version.

Due the quite high value involved, they asked me to split payment into 2 parts, so I did. That was in December. After that, Karl told me to contact him whenever I want to define some details, 'cause they offered many possible personalization for the book. In March I contacted him but with no luck. Same in April and May with various emails, both to Karl directly and Opus info email in general. I contacted them on Facebook - they read my message but ignore to reply me. So.. what?

Last week I was @ Gilena Motorbooks International in Brescia and they told me they have recently (beginning of the year) ordered a very special F1 Opus and lack of communication seems to be a standard for Opus, but that they are "alive" 'cause Karl offered and send them a couple of ticket for the past Monaco F1 GP raced in May.

For sure they update their website (just see the news pages and some new Coming Soon titles), but I really don't know what to do..

I have the same problem, just change the subject.
    This is my "problem" and all the info I have: after last year Le Mans, Opus announced a new opera based on this mighty race. Many trustable site report the news, as the ACO itself.
    I contacted Opus directly and after some emails with Karl Fowler - that was always kind and full of attention to me - I decided to go for the "Winner Edition", their most precious and valuable version.

Due the quite high value involved, they asked me to split payment into 2 parts, so I did. That was in December. After that, Karl told me to contact him whenever I want to define some details, 'cause they offered many possible personalization for the book. In March I contacted him but with no luck. Same in April and May with various emails, both to Karl directly and Opus info email in general. I contacted them on Facebook - they read my message but ignore to reply me. So.. what?

Last week I was @ Gilena Motorbooks International in Brescia and they told me they have recently (beginning of the year) ordered a very special F1 Opus and lack of communication seems to be a standard for Opus, but that they are "alive" 'cause Karl offered and send them a couple of ticket for the past Monaco F1 GP raced in May.

For sure they update their website (just see the news pages and some new Coming Soon titles), but I really don't know what to do..

4. Retail

Retail Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 9, 2010
    Eastern US
    Full Name:
    Retail
    Sending you a private message

5. bmwt341n

bmwt341n Rookie

Nov 21, 2016
    I have the same problem. After good experiences with buying the Ferrari Opus I had already paid for the Le Mans Opus. After some very nice mails I didn't succeed in contacting the "Opus-Man". He had promised VIP-tickets for the 2016 Le Mans race but did not send any ticket. When I mailed him the suspect that the Le Mans Opus will never be published he reacted very unpolitely promised to send the money back but didn't do it till today. Do you have some news about the project and Opus Media? You can also contact me sending a private message. Thank you in advance.

PinoAl likes this.
  6. ChoroQ

ChoroQ Karting

Jan 20, 2014
    Europe
    Full Name:
    A.C.
    Last month I spoke again with Gilena Motorbooks and they intend to contact a lawyer trying to solve the situation.
    How long since your last contact with Karl? Do you send them some sort of preorder payment? For what edition?

(I tried to contact you via PM, but it appears you can't receive it yet)

7. bmwt341n

bmwt341n Rookie

Nov 21, 2016
    Thank you. I have paid 1.900 BPS for the "Marquee Edition". Now I will try to get contact to Gilena within the next days. And I have to think to inform the Crown Prosecution Service at London. My last contact was on Nov. 1st - he promised to pay back (with very bad words) but did not pay till today.

8. Retail

Retail Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 9, 2010
    Eastern US
    Full Name:
    Retail
    I still have never been refunded my payment or got the table Karl promised. He is a crook. He responds occasionally when I complain and promises payment. Please send me number to call to join the prosecution. He continues to advertise products but is callous about taking our money.

9. bmwt341n

bmwt341n Rookie

Nov 21, 2016
    Hello "Retail" and "ChoroQ" - an e-mail adress to contact me:
    [email protected]
    Perhaps we are "stronger together". And I have some informations about "Karl".

10. 5992000

5992000 Rookie

Jan 13, 2013
    South Africa
    Hi, I am not sure if any of you have had any joy contacting Karl, but I wish I had read the above before meeting him at the City Concours in London earlier this year. I bought 3 sets of limited edition Ferrari prints. I have only received 2 sets and haven’t been able to reach him for months about the missing third set. I would appreciate someone sharing his phone number - he just ignores mails. Thanks

Rosey likes this.
  11. Rosey

Rosey F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2015
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark R
    Same issue.
    I bought the Opus book and spoke to Karl regarding issuing me another accompanying letter being sent with the book. He said he would send it off, still waiting over 6 months later.
    Then he offered me a set of Ferrari road vehicle and gran turismo limited edition prints, I sent him the money, they arrived personalised for me. Still no original requested letter though.
    Then he offers me a set of F1 Ferrari prints, I said Ok, personalise them and I will send you the money. This is the last I have heard from him and that's a few months ago now.
    No money is owed as I didn't transfer any money yet, but just annoying I can't reach him to complete the transaction for the F1 prints and letter.

12. Retail

Retail Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 9, 2010
    Eastern US
    Full Name:
    Retail
    He still owes me a couple thousand despite many promises, somehow he gets away with his dishonesty.

13. Rosey

Rosey F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2015
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark R
    Wow, what did you buy that he has not delivered on?

14. Retail

Retail Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 9, 2010
    Eastern US
    Full Name:
    Retail
    A table with F1 cars etched into it

15. ChoroQ

ChoroQ Karting

Jan 20, 2014
    Europe
    Full Name:
    A.C.
    As Retail said, Mr Fowler still owes me a couple thousand GBP and he never ever replied to my emails. It would be funny to meet him personally to listen what awful excuses he has.

16. Julius H.

Julius H. Formula Junior

Feb 25, 2013
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Julius
    Probably i came across with this guy in 2015 with set of yearbooks for sale..i declined luckily

Odoslané z môjho iPhone cez Tapatalk

17. Rosey

Rosey F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2015
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark R
    #17 Rosey, Mar 7, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2019
    Just to be fair and to update my situation I finally got a hold of Karl via email about 2 months ago. Actually he contacted me in regards to another item he had for sale.
    I told him we still had unfinished business in regards to sending me the original Opus letter and payment and shipment of the Ferrari F1 prints, so I won't be buying anything more until those issues are resolved.
    As an act of good faith he posted off the F1 prints (personalised with my name) and the original letter I requested free of charge. You can't argue with that.
    I let him know I appreciated his efforts to right any wrongs and will once again deal with him in the future.

Thanks again Karl !!!

18. Lusso123

Lusso123 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2010
    NY
    Full Name:
    Marshall Buck

Glad it all worked out for you. That's good to know he finally took care of it, and did the right thing. But.... you really should not have had to go through any of that.

Rosey likes this.
  19. Rosey

Rosey F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2015
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark R
    Agreed but in this day and age, I'll settle for that. :)

20. PinoAl

PinoAl Rookie
    BANNED

Jul 3, 2019
    Full Name:
    Edmond Dantès
    Has anyone else unsolved business with Mr. Fowler?

21. Dino2400

Dino2400 Formula 3
    Owner

Feb 21, 2009
    YES!! I'm still waiting for my carbon Enzo clamshell to be returned!! Send it to Karl in March and till now it has not returned.

22. Rosey

Rosey F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2015
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark R
    Was it being repaired?

23. Dino2400

Dino2400 Formula 3
    Owner

Feb 21, 2009
    Yes, it was indeed send back for repairs. Send it in March and has not returned yet after a lot of excuses. Frustrating...

24. PinoAl

PinoAl Rookie
    BANNED

Jul 3, 2019
    Full Name:
    Edmond Dantès
  25. PinoAl

PinoAl Rookie
    BANNED

Jul 3, 2019
    Full Name:
    Edmond Dantès