Truffles??? no not the chocolate kind | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Truffles??? no not the chocolate kind

Discussion in 'Drink, Smoke, and Fine Dining' started by Italteen3, Dec 1, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    I was just in Perrigeux about a month ago, and did a hunt, we found some smaller truffles but they were not ripe yet, so did not dig them out. the hunter instead placed some crushed leaves on top and then recovered with some dirt... and then He sent me some last week... very fragrant! I know Alba gets all the talk, but San Miniato in Tuscany is the center of the Italian Truffle trade - go there in October - and you can literally smell them in the street. + its a beautiful hill town... highly recommend it.

2. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    Dinner splurge last night - Tournedos Rossini - Filet, sauté, topped with Seared Foie Gras, and fresh Truffles... served on a wild Mushroom and Madeira reduction butter sauce....
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

NbyNW and bernieb like this.
  3. msdesignltd

msdesignltd F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael
    #53 msdesignltd, Dec 22, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2022
    My hometown restaurant
    Fresco in east Hampton NY.
    The past 2 years we only get the sirloin cheeseburger with truffle fries and margaritas.
    I think the vehicle for the truffles is the grated parmigiana cheese.
    This dinner never fails to score a 10
    No matter how many times we have it!

edit: we do not eat the bread!

Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    A few more truffle pics Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

So the top picture looks like a huge mess...but it was filet, with mashed potatoes and foie gras & shaved truffles. the sauce was chopped porcini and truffles .... with shallots and port reduction....

the top pics were left overs from the first beef dish... with sweet potatoes glazed in balsamic and with foie gras, and truffle sauce. fried croissant rounds ....
    Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

5. adc

adc Karting

Feb 1, 2009
    PSA
    Costco.com has fresh winter white truffles on sale through 12/8/23 for $270 for 2 ounces.

NbyNW and Alcav5 like this.
  6. lopena

lopena Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    If you’re a fan of truffles, next time you’re in Paris head to “Un Jour a Peyrassol” (13 Rue Vivienne in the 2nd arrondissement). It’s a moderately-priced bistro that specializes in truffle dishes, while also serving great wines from their own estate…a fabulous place to have lunch.

Alan
    N.J. Image Unavailable, Please Login

Alcav5 likes this.
  7. Steelton Keith

Steelton Keith F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    will be at Le Cirque in Las Vegas Xmas night and will be having truffle risotto...best dish ever

koisokok and Alcav5 like this.
  8. Steelton Keith

Steelton Keith F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    ...and it was. Janet had her usual rabbit dish: sublime