Tubi vs GHL on Maserati Coupe | FerrariChat

Tubi vs GHL on Maserati Coupe

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by GregD, Sep 13, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GregD

GregD Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Today I had the opportunity to drive along side a red spyder that had GHL's installed and it sounded very nice. The owner was all smiles too. Unfortunately, I havent heard a tubi on the open road yet and I can't really compare the two. Traffic was a bit heavy so I didnt hear him take it to high rpm but the GHL was impressive at low & mid range rpm.

Has anyone compared the tubi and the GHL? Any differences? about the same? resonance differences? GHL sounded like it had some resonance at low rpm.

I am seriously considering the tubi, but have been waiting for the
    opportunity to drive one at the dealer before ordering. Now after hearing the
    GHL, another option may be in the bag.

2. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    I have the GHL on my coupe and I think it sounds great. I only have the straight pipes with are a bargain compared to the other options. I have heard a tubi but it was inside a shop I thought it sounded good but I like the GHL better.

3. Nuvolari

Nuvolari F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2002
    Toronto / SoCal
    Full Name:
    Rob C.
    Being in the aftermarket car industry I can offer a little insight here. If it were my car I would surely go with the Tubi. Tubi makes all of their own products in house and do all of their design and development with engineering background from Ferrari and Maserati. Their quality and finish is top notch but of course they are pricier. GHL on the other hand has copied most of their designs from other manufacturers. The final product is well made but certainly not the equal of Tubi. A GHL exhuast to me will always be a copy with none of the design and devlopment of its competitors. This fact is also reflected in the price. An exhaust is much more than welded pipes so in this instance I would not be at all inclined for anything other than the real deal.

4. scott61

scott61 F1 Rookie

Feb 11, 2004
    North of Boston
    Also sounds better to say "My Maserati has a Tubi" Than "My Maserati has GHL" I read somewhere, anything Italian that ends in "i" is high quality and expensive

5. GregD

GregD Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Thanks. Hopefully I will hear the car with tubi soon.

Does it really sound similar to the 360? Doesnt the higher rpm range on the ferrari make the tubi sound different.

6. GregD

GregD Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Greg
    The tubi goes on asap!!!!!

7. scott61

scott61 F1 Rookie

Feb 11, 2004
    North of Boston
    Maserati's chain driven motor gives it a different sound than a Ferrari's belt driven. I remember reading some review where the tester stated the only better sounding car to him was the Lamborghini Diablo . Once and while a good song will come up on the radio and I instinctively turn it up but after a couple of seconds I turn it right back down, just cannot get enough of that sound. Get the Tubi, You will be very happy

8. MaseratiSpyderF1

Sep 16, 2004
    Hi,
    I just purchased an 04 Spyder Cambio. I keep hearing about the Tubi exhausts and I am very curious. My concern is that the sound will be too loud for normal driving. Is it the kind of situation where the car sounds amazing for a short drive but is too loud for any kind of extended driving/cruising. Someone please help me out. I can be reached at [email protected]. Thanks in advance-jeff

9. scott61

scott61 F1 Rookie

Feb 11, 2004
    North of Boston
    Congrats on car. Go for the Tubi, It really finishes the car. Due to it's V8 engine it sounds great and not annoying like all those V4 an V6 ricers bombing around. I have had many sports cars with aftermarket and did not like sound on most of them. Is very different with the Maserati. I take many long drives just to hear the beautiful sounds it makes. About the only place it gets a little loud is in a confined space like a garage.

10. BJS

BJS Formula Junior

Jan 18, 2004
    Central FL and SW MI
    Full Name:
    Brad Stephenson
    I agree with Scott61. The Tubi finishes the car and makes it totally enjoyable.

With the CC, there's a bit of resonance below 2300 RPM, but the sound outside of the car is absolutlely perfect.

11. GregD

GregD Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Greg
    I hope to have the tubi on my car by late next week.

They have one on order and expect it early next week or so.

Thanks for your imput over these past few months. I pretty much decided on it since I've heard the GHL and liked the sound. I also find myself accelarating through tunnels, underpasses, and between hi rises every change I get so its pretty obvious I would like the enhanced sound.