TUNNEL RATs in Boston | Page 2 | FerrariChat

TUNNEL RATs in Boston

Discussion in 'New England' started by racerx, Jan 19, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. racerx

racerx Guest

Nov 23, 2003
    To help clarify;

2. ChrisfromRI

ChrisfromRI Karting

Jan 28, 2003
    Foster, RI
    Full Name:
    Chris F
    Oh a porsche.

Pardon me for not recognizing the model number, this is a Ferrari board not a porsche board.

Let me rephrase my question then:

What is a porsche person doing on a Ferrari board engaging in antagonistic dialog with Ferrari people?

Chris

3. racerx

racerx Guest

Nov 23, 2003
    Thats what i expected. Too Bad. Probably the same thing you were doing when you only drove the honda and posted here. Since i have never met you i wonder why you have such a problem. This board is full of non-ferrari owners.
    I don't care what you think, i have met and talked with plenty of decent people from this board. If you have such a problem with me you can tell me at one of the meets this spring. I'll be there.
    T

4. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    I knew I would/could/should have interpreted more clearly that which you presented, but, since I tire of seeing gentlemen such as Doody be "lesser" for giving a damn, I purposely "sold myself short" as I wanted to make sure you were still prickly as a cactus. Alas, as you were, you remain - several gentlemen in F-Chat can attest to your character flaw of blunt objectivity. Perhaps this anecdote will ease your growing pains:

Oh, regardless of time or place, there is one thing you can pay that is free - Attention.

I don't think you've ever been in the boonies on a wide, straight road, and used somebody else's car as a ramp. I've been inside a car that was used as a ramp. Three years later, the round-the-clock (Seriously, nonstop) pounding, throbbing, Multiple-doses-of-10-prescriptions a day headaches finally ceased. The guy whose truck flipped and rolled 3 times each - had (still has, so I am told) exactly the mindset you do, and the same criteria for time and place. What's funny is, the other driver's father was an Insurance Claims Adjuster. Nevertheless, the driver (whose whereabouts I still know, as, well, that's unfinished business) neglected to notice they'd put in stop signs that very day at this otherwise uninterrupted stretch of roadway. Nothing was impeding one's travel in the East-West direction before, though North-South had stop signs for many moons, crossing when it was clear. It became a 4-way stop because of too many incidents at said location, with North-South travellers thinking they had room.

That "open" stretch of road ended up with so many accidents due to people doing things as they had done a day, a week, a year before - that they changed it to stoplights.

This happens all too frequently. Never assume anything. What is routine can change somebody else's life in an instant. Even when all parties are travelling at posted speed limits, a pair of stop signs that have been in place for a day or a year can catch the unaware by surprise. I see a a pair of stop signs run at least twice a week in the Larchmont District in Los Angeles. Granted, I'm only on that stretch 4 days a week, for 3 or 4 minutes - tops - at a time. All the signs have been in place for a year. Still, routine blinds those who don't notice the yellow warning signs or the red signs that should give one pause, let alone the brightly painted - multiple striped crosswalk. If anything I consider to be routine at that corner, it is to see the bits of metal, glass and plastic debris left over from the scene of an accident.

So, if you're willing to have the odds lower a little bit each time, that's all I ask - pay attention - and pay respect to those in F-Chat, such as Doody, who are gentlemen in the truest sense of the word.

5. racerx

racerx Guest

Nov 23, 2003
    Hey wax, you don't know my mindset. From a few post here you know me. I am nothing like that driver. In fact i do not drive as fast as some on this thread.
    Someone else mentioned 150 mph, Not me, and then doody ran with that. My only argument is the one that runs thru this online forum and at all the other online boards devoted to performance cars. But this is not some politburo where everyone must think the same. Where did I go over the line with doody or anyone else. I never dissed anyone or their cars. BTW this was going on at the same time as the general speeding thread.
    From my experience on all online forums the Majority who own these cars drive them quickly where appropriate. My car is a weekend car and i drive it quickly on occasion. And if you just check some other threads here you will see that i am not the fastest in NE.

I'm glad you feel better, but i also have experiences. I have had my head impact and shatter a windshield to bits. I was a passenger and the situation was caused by an inattentive old driver who cut across lanes to make a turn, not an exotic owner paying attention. My brother was nailed near the family home years ago by a drunk and i took the call at 2 am. i was on the scene of that fatal accident. And guess what i don't have a clue about those drivers mindsets.
    I drive with great skill and caution and will continue to do so. IF someone differs on any subject thats fine but they should not insult someones character if they don't know that person. And nobody here knows me in the least nor do i know them. And it seems that i am the lightning rod here for activity that many NE ferrari owners have done in front of my eyes and the majority of all exotic owners do. Pay me a liitle respect wax.
    T

6. ChrisfromRI

ChrisfromRI Karting

Jan 28, 2003
    Foster, RI
    Full Name:
    Chris F
    racerx,

I don't "have such a problem" with you, but if you are indeed a reasonable person, you might step back and look at all of this in perspective. Once you do so, it should be aparent that you seem to "have such a problem" with most everyone here.

This is why I asked you the rhetorical question I did, to allow you to reflect upon how you seem to not be fitting in here, and to consider that possibly there might be someplace else where you would fit in better.

Chris

7. Nabbs

Nabbs Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2003
    Manhattan, NY
    Full Name:
    Naveed
    This is all quite amusing...

At its heart, this argument is one that is repeated over and over again on every single car messageboard. The cast of characters is the same (the saint, the realist, and the antagonist), as is the theme (pure freedom/aka speeding like a bat out of hell vs. the democratic majority/old man driving with his left blinker activated for the last 3 exits). The only difference is that, here on fchat, each posts contains multiple big fancy words, is glaringly free of grammatical errors (c'mon can't somebody please incorrectly use where/were or you're/your at least once?), and of course the complete lack of net lingo and dixie-ebonics speak (what no y'all or lols?).

Anyway, while I can offer no additional insight into this main argument, I can certainly grab a thesaurus and hope that my banter can rival those previously posted.

Keep the shiny side up y'all...lol

-N

PS - don't hate me because I downloaded my thesis off of google ;)

8. wax

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Saint Doody. That has a nice ring to it.

9. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    the patron saint of feces :)

it's a ****ty job, but someone has to do it ;)

doody.

10. racerx

racerx Guest

Nov 23, 2003
    Again driving quickly where appropriate is the majority practice by the members of NE fchat from their posts and my own eyes. It is the practice of the vast majority of performance car owners and has come down that way on the many boards i participate in. It is the way in the marketplace as detroit and the auto industry are in an hp war to satisfy the publics desire. I never said that i do it in built up areas. So get off my case on that score and get on the case of people here who mentioned 150 or those who HAVE driven faster than me here in NE fchat.

As far as, Doody goes, i like him. I have sat in doody's car and talked to him in person. We are in the same age bracket so i give him the same respect i give anyone else. He was considerate enough to point out some low branches to me when i was pulling my 928 into a parking spot. He then went and pulled his 550 over to the spot next to me. As it turns out doody is also a fan of the 928 and has had an interest in them. My comments are directed at an individual only if i use their name.

Chris from ri, 2 of your 19 posts have been directed at someone you have never met telling them to take a hike. You are the one who needs to reflect. I spend most of my time here on other parts of the board where most threads involve active debate among people who own other marques or nothing at all. Until you morph into rob, you don't determine policy for fchat.
    T

11. wax

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Thanks for clarifying your points. To wit, some folks change the points in their car more often...

12. ChrisfromRI

ChrisfromRI Karting

Jan 28, 2003
    Foster, RI
    Full Name:
    Chris F
    Where did 19 posts come from? I guess all that anger has clouded someone's math ability.

A remedial math class along with an UPgrade to an F-car should fix that though.

But seriously, I was not telling racerx to "take a hike" or attempting to set any sort of policy, but rather offering what appeared quite obvious to me in the mutual endeavor of trying to get along with one another.

Regards, Chris

PS: I guess I was being a realist in this regard...

13. racerx

racerx Guest

Nov 23, 2003
    The 19 posts came from what was under your avatar at the time sherlock. A search just now brought back 35 posts of which 16 were made since your last post on this thread. But at least you are consistent, 10% of your posts are personal attacks on someone you have never met. What gives?
    I won't take your bait to turn this into an argument between me and the board, its between me and you, started by you.
    Why did you drag this up again if you are trying to "get along"? I had forgotten about it. Any answer.
    T

14. ChrisfromRI

ChrisfromRI Karting

Jan 28, 2003
    Foster, RI
    Full Name:
    Chris F
    racerx,

As far as my attacking you, that's just ridiculous. I have endeavored to keep peace here and only pointed out what is plainly apparent to any objective reader of the thread. If you need me to spell this out for you more clearly I can, but I would just as soon let it go at that.

10 percent of 95 posts is 9.5 posts. Any other numbers are simply not germane.

I don't feel that I need to justify my 95 posts over the last year on a Ferrari board, since I've owned a Ferrari the whole time and the bulk of my posts have been technical in nature to help others with theirs, or me with mine. OTOH, when are you going to admit that you desire to UPgrade someday to a Ferrari -- which is why you spend so much time posting on a Ferrari board?

Regards, Chris