Turncoat Gene Deckerhoff retires from Free Shoes U | FerrariChat

Turncoat Gene Deckerhoff retires from Free Shoes U

Discussion in 'Sports' started by GatorFL, Apr 11, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GatorFL

GatorFL Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Nov 18, 2005
    Wellington, FL
    Full Name:
    Duane
    Texas Forever likes this.
  2. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    My last year at FSU was Bobby Bowden’s first year. I don’t remember a lot. But damn, we sure had a good time.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

GatorFL likes this.
  3. Whisky

Whisky Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    When did FSU come to Lincoln and beat Nebraska?
    I was there, on the sidelines, photographing that game....
    Your QB was Rich Stockstill?

4. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Wow, you have a great memory. Bobby Bowden was a great coach. He took a team that had forgotten how to win and made them champions. I remember early on, he agreed to play LSU at Death Valley four years in a row. He won three out of four. He was never invited back.

His time at FSU was one of the greatest turnarounds in college ball. FSU was always the step child to UF. All the legislators were from UF. They always got the money, but Bowden got the talent. I once teased Emmitt Smith’s dad about how they ****ed up by going to Florida. He didn’t laugh.

To the day, once if my biggest joys was seeing Spurrier get beat. What ******.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

5. Whisky

Whisky Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    I remember quite a bit from back then.

I was photographing the baseball College World Series, EVERYONE was ga-ga over this pitcher from Texas, he was winning everything, all the awards...
    The guy was from U Texas - Calvin Schiraldi, and all the photographers were all over the poor guy...
    I turned to my friend and said 'He's not the best pitcher here - that guy is' - and I pointed to a different pitcher.
    He told me I was nuts... that pitcher I pointed to was Roger Clemens...

That was a great year, Chris Sabo, Pete Incavaglia (who was nuts), Barry Bonds (when he was a nice person to talk to),
    Dave Magadan, Barry Larkin, plus a few others I was around.... good times. 1983