430 - Tyres for daily use in 2020 | FerrariChat

430 Tyres for daily use in 2020

Discussion in '360/430' started by Kociboss, Jun 15, 2020.

Tags:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Kociboss

Kociboss Rookie

May 23, 2020
    Hi guys. Recently bought my first Ferrari F430. Its with some old DOT 2013 Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires on the back and i really have issues with the traction. Im looking after a set of tires. Read some topics mostly its recommended Pirelli Corsa Direzionale (Front 225/35/19) and Pirelli Corsa Assymetrico (Rear 285/35/19).

The issue is that they're no longer produced and all DOTs are OLD. What is the best replacement for them in 2020? Im not using this in a track or for very aggressive driving. I just sometimes go "crazy" in the road and want to have the grip that it takes to punish BMW kiddies :) So far im "scared" to do so with the current tires. Even at 160km/h the kick-down makes the car's ass to go aside, although i'm used to drifting i dont feel comfortable and safe and it must be the tire issue.

So what is your suggestion? Semi-slick type or regular sporty ones.

2. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    Nothing wrong with the tyres listed on page 12 of the handbook.

3. Vegas CS

Vegas CS Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 5, 2018
    Vegas
    Full Name:
    James
    Michelin PS 4 S

PKIM, tomc, RedTaxi and 1 other person like this.
  4. RedTaxi

RedTaxi F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 1, 2012
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Glen
    Is this your first mid engine car? They require a certain approach. Don't drive it like a"drift" car. If your tyres are 7yrs old get new ones. Good option above ^^^

5. Bob in Texas

Bob in Texas F1 Rookie

Apr 23, 2012
    Just East of Weird
    Full Name:
    Bob
    What Vegas CS said...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

6. imahorse

imahorse F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2017
    WI
    Full Name:
    Dustin
    I have nitto invos on my 360. I haven't had a single issue or scary moment between spirited backroads drives, rain, and sub-freezing weather. They work well on the 360. Much better than when I had them on my viper. That was a different story.

7. CoreyNJ

CoreyNJ Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 17, 2006
    New Jersey Shore
    #7 CoreyNJ, Jun 16, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2020
    This is making me think. My front tires are from 2016 and rears from 2014. I guess within the next year I should replace all 4. My rears do break free pretty easily.

What are the biggest size that can fit on the stock wheels? I think I'd like to +1 on the size and if anyone has done this does it improve or make the handling worse?