UFC and MMA Thread | Page 154 | FerrariChat

UFC and MMA Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Highlow, Aug 2, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    The Rousey fight was a joke. If anything, it was a clear indicator to her to hang the gloves up. Take a note from Gina Carano's book, and pursue acting roles, and milk the celebrity thing.

I picked Cody to win, and he did not disappoint! This guy might stick around as Champ for a while. I have to imagine Cruz will get an immediate rematch, however I would love to see Cody beat TJ's ass.

2. Palletwhack

Palletwhack Rookie

Jan 31, 2017
    She made her bed, now she's gotta sleep in it. Got pretty close to sleeping in that fight!

3. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
  4. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
  5. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    What A stacked Bellator card.
    I'm excited about almost every fight.
    The difference between Bellator and UFC is:
    Bellator fighters fight to win. UFC fighters fight not to lose.

Bellator 180 - Sonnen vs. Silva

6. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
  7. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
  8. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
  9. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    Bisbing's Boxing coach (Jason Parillo) is my boxing coach. I should be picking Bisbing. I kinda hope GSP wins though. I'm a big fan of his and better $$$ fights to come. Bisbing is riding this whole Championship run.

10. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    Yeah, he's not exactly running to the top challengers. With guys like Whittaker, Romero, Souza, Weidman, and that ********* Rockhold waiting in the wings, he's got some top guys itching for their shot.

My desired scenario is that GSP mauls Bisping, and then goes on to shut the pie hole up on ********* Rockhold. I used to be a fan of his, but lately, every time he opens his mouth up, I hear verbal diarrhea spewing out. I'd even love to see Bisping beat him again. Having said that, Whittaker should get the next shot, as he is interim Champ......

11. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    Just watched the Pre Fight Press Conference for 217.
    I'm excited about the whole card.
    I dig Joanna, I love her confidence.
    Cody vs TJ is the fight of the night though.

12. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    What a fight card! 3 Champs lose their belts, and are finished in the process.

Big props to my boy, GSP! Ring rust? What's that? He looked great, aside from the damage he took from Bisping when GSP had him on his back. GSP's face looked like a bloody mess!

And Rose? Wow, she did a great job! She is one of my favorite female fighters, and it was great to see her KO Joanna. I couldn't believe what I was watching.

TJ looked great as well. Super smart fighter with a ton of ability. I hope he does get DJ next - that would be very interesting to see.

13. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    GSP looked "great"???? I don't know about that. I saw 2 old guys fight and I think GSP is in BIG trouble against Whitaker. But that being said, Good 4 GSP. I'm happy 4 him. Bisbing is a waste of Champion.
    Rose!!!!! WOW! What the Heck! Where did that come from. AND JOANNA TAPPED!!!!!
    I figured TJ would win. I was hoping he wouldn't though.
    Great Exciting Card.

14. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    For a guy who was off for 4 years, I think he looked great. And to come in and take a belt 1st fight back, even if it was Bisping? C'mon.

You know he'll put Whitaker on his back, and he'll keep him there. Although, GSP's striking looked pretty damn good against Bisping.

GSP looked a hell of a lot better than your boy Moussasi in his Belator debut!

15. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    TRUE! Moussasi looked HORRIBLE.
    That was a welcome gift they gave him!

16. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    You got your answer?

17. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    I guess I did! Cyborg is a beast..........

18. PAP 348

PAP 348 Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    Yes indeed she is. :D

19. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    Big test coming up this weekend for Miocic. If he defends, he'll have the record for most defenses in the HW division, which is crazy, but I guess the weight that comes behind HW punches can put anyone out at any time.

I didn't take much notice when Miocic debuted in the UFC, but have become a big fan of his. He looks better and better every time he fights. You can see the confidence he has, and it continues to grow.

Ngannou is an absolute beast, no doubt there, but aside from his last 2 fights, his opponents are nowhere near the caliber of who Stipe has faced. Everyone is all hyped up over Ngannou because of his quick KO of Overeem, forgetting that Stipe KO'd Overeem in the 1st round as well (did the same to Werdum, Dos Santos, and Arlovski).

I'll be rooting for Stipe! I hope he defends many more times to come.

20. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    I think i'll be rooting for Ngannou. But I do feel Miocic "should" win this fight. He has more tools and does have more experience. Either way, MOST HW fights are energetic. Can't Wait!

21. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    Stipe got it done, but not the most exciting fight. He fought a very smart fight, probably the only way you can beat Ngannou. Cormier looked solid as well.

22. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    I thought both fight were NOT championship quality. All 4 fighters were exausted within minutes.
    Happy for DC. and Miocic proves how weak the HWT division really is. Do I find myself looking forward to Cain 's return? I can't believe I'd think that!

23. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    Ngannou was beyond exhausted after the 1st round, heck, by the end of the 1st round. but Stipe was smartly pacing himself, and really only showed signs by 3rd or 4th round. It took everything Stipe had to keep a beast like Ngannou from doing what he has done to everyone else. It was a brilliant gameplan.

You don't think Stipe is a worthy Champ? I am a fan of Stipe's.....and that wasn't always the case.

Cain's return will be interesting. He's been gone so long, we don't know what we'll be getting. Hopefully it is the old Cain. However, if you think Cain will roll through Stipe, even if Cain is 100% - think again. I think you are vastly underrating Stipe (like all of the odds makers)

Not sure why you are saying Cormier and Oezdemir were gassed within minutes......Cormier was clearly feeling him out, and then got to work. Oezdemir was looking very aggressive from the get go, but Cormier is on a different level, as he himself will tell you.

I would love to see the creation of another weight class, say like at 230lbs. There is far too much of a gap from the minimum weight of 206 up to the limit of 265.

24. DesertDawg

DesertDawg Eight Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 25, 2010
    The Desert
    Full Name:
    DesertDawg
    MMA Fighter KO's.... HIMSELF!