News

Ugggh.... I'm so SICK AND TIRED of hurricanes....

Discussion in 'Florida' started by ILuv4Res, Sep 19, 2005.

1. ILuv4Res

ILuv4Res F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 8, 2002
    Full Name:
    Fred
    I am so sick and tired of hurricanes!!

Now that Rita is heading towards the Keys & Miami, I am stressing out again. It's not the hurricanes that stress me out as much as the task of boarding/shuttering everything up!!!

For Katrina, I shuttered my house before leaving for Boston just to have peace of mind while on my trip. (BTW...very, very special thanks to Andy for coming by to help!!!) However, I didn't have time to even begin boarding/shuttering my rental properties.

Shuttering my house is an overwhelming task by itself. I have 10' high windows along the entire back of my house in the master bedroom, living room and den. Each panel is almost 11' tall & weighs so much you can only carry one around back at at time. Now add the rental properties that take a large group of people 2 days to shutter.

I recognize that a bad storm has the potential to financially ruin me. That scares the cr*p out of me and stresses me out like crazy!!!

Ok. Thanks for reading my rant. I feel a bit better. At least until the 2pm advisory.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    Me too, when I'm done w law school I'm spending the summer in Boston or Italy or maybe skiing down in Argentina :)

I love Miami but the heat & the Hurricanes are annoying

4. NVPhotoman007

NVPhotoman007 Formula 3

Aug 9, 2004
    ASU_Acob Notar Lf.
    Full Name:
    Dave
    HIDE THE FERRARI'S

or get them to higher ground

G/L guys

5. 348Spiderguy

348Spiderguy Karting

Jul 5, 2005
    Palm Beach Florida
    Full Name:
    Eric
    HMMMMMMM.... I wonder how a Ferrari would handle in a Hurricane?

Some things are best not tried. Then again....................?

6. NVPhotoman007

NVPhotoman007 Formula 3

Aug 9, 2004
    ASU_Acob Notar Lf.
    Full Name:
    Dave
    well i cnat find the pic...but there was a Fcar garage that got all messed up in one..down here somewhere i think

7. To remove this ad click here.