UK Registered 360 But it's been Abroad since 2001? | FerrariChat

UK Registered 360 But it's been Abroad since 2001?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by wingman1, Jul 26, 2018.

Tags:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. wingman1

wingman1 Rookie

Jul 26, 2018
    Full Name:
    wing man
    Hi guys

I'm about to splash out on a 360 spider but just found out the car has been in Malaysia since between 2001-2004 with no MOT history in the UK to date.

Should I be concerned and how much would this lack of MOT history affect its future value and saleability?

Any advice appreciated as I'm a little nervous now about the purchase!

2. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    Welcome - the mot history may be less important than recent service history followed by a thorough ppi by someone sensible

wingman1 likes this.
  3. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Do you mean it has been in Malaysia since 2001/04 up until now ,or imported to UK in 2004?

4. legendd

legendd Karting

Jun 25, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Moshe levy
    I have very bad experience with anything to do with Malaysia, Hope I am not offending anyone but please be very careful

5. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Make sure you do your due diligence, get it PPId properly, and you should be fine. I agree that you have to be careful with cars from, well, anywhere, let alone so far away, but Ferrari’s do get bought in different markets and moved around sometimes, it’s not as uncommon as you’d think.

A good mechanical check should be fine, and as long as the service history is in place, what’s the worry. If I were buying, the most important history to me is the most recent 4/5 years to be honest, as long as that’s in order and all recommended work has been done competently, there’s little risk. Most issues don’t arise from a problem 10 or so years ago, they happen within either minutes or months of an issue starting

6. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    There is just one Ferrari dealer, Naza, in Malaysia.

Most cars end up going to independents,which can vary a lot in quality.The owners normally do not keep all records etc etc,especially after the first few years,so it is difficult to get a proper history for even everyday cars, never mind exotics.

If you want me to dig around with a few contacts i can try if it helps.

daytona355 likes this.