UNAVAILABLE PARTS | Page 3 | FerrariChat

UNAVAILABLE PARTS

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by Ferrari_UK, Feb 25, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PINNIN512

PINNIN512 Formula 3

Aug 30, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    David
    Jeff,

How is the Dollar / Pound Currancy rates? If you remember we were just ready to ship a set of Boxer wheels to California when the price shot to hell! Please next time give me accurate prices what i pay and not a $500 increase suprise.

2. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Seems to me that you can hardly blame Jeff at Ferrari UK for currency exchange rate changes....just make sure he gives you a firm price for the item + shipping in pounds...then you can check the exchange rate yourself: http://www.xe.com/ucc/ check daily, hourly...whatever you like. No surprises that way. :)

3. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Seat belts for Dino 246
    Wheels for same
    Tires for same!!! At something less than $275 each US oops, exchange rate woes, bet they are $350 each right about now. (no, that's not your fault, blame GWB for that one)

A lot of the typical restoration parts that seem to be in permanent out of stock condition.

4. Wayne 962

Wayne 962 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 27, 2003
    You can find these if you look - I just had four brand new ones in stock the other day (sold them all within about 10 minutes to the Porsche crowd).

-Wayne

5. Verell

Verell F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

May 5, 2001
    Groton, MA
    Full Name:
    Verell Boaen
    #55 Verell, Mar 7, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Quite a few of the 'unavailable' parts discussed in this thread are now available from Unobtainium Supply Co. - See attachment.

Based on this thread & earlier posts, Unobtainium is planning to supply the following parts later this year provided that there is sufficient demand to justify production:
    - Boot & Bonnet Release Lever Housings (bezel is built into the housing).
    - 308 Lever Knob (Smooth Sided Disc)
    - 308 Lever Knob (GT4) - If someone will loan me a good one to reproduce.
    - Lever bezel lables (temp, vent, choke)
    - Triangular cover for rear view mirror - If someone will loan me a good one to reproduce.
    - Washer bottle reservoir cap

While making the door pin switch is beyond Unobtainium's current tooling, we have had good luck repairing several of them. Contact us if you have one that's no longer working.

BTW, ItalianCarParts has the diagonal striped wool headliner cloth.

(Jeff,
    I hope you don't mind my barging in on the thread your team started.)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. Wayne 962

Wayne 962 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 27, 2003
    308 driver's side door stays are now unavailable too.

-Wayne

7. PINNIN512

PINNIN512 Formula 3

Aug 30, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    David
    I am the customer , I ask a total price and expect it! He is the sells person
    with all the information especially advertising in the states. Seems like i can blame him.

8. Ferrari_co_uk

Ferrari_co_uk Karting

Apr 16, 2003
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Mark Langfield
    Hi Marq,

#136549 - This is now no longer available. The only wheel we have left is a listed alternative, #119035 which is a 365mm black momo wheel (slightly different design) c/w hub. The price for this is GBP £153.50

Best
    Mark

9. Ferrari_co_uk

Ferrari_co_uk Karting

Apr 16, 2003
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Mark Langfield
    Hi Wolf,

I presume you mean the Dinoplex Ignition Unit. These are now no longer available but we do have repaired originals in stock. The price for this is GBP £1032.50 (we would also require your original unit as well)

Best
    Mark

10. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    Maybe we should check a FIAT catalog for switches etc ?

11. Mike328

Mike328 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 19, 2002
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Wow! Did they just happen to come in with a general parts shipment? Please contact me the next time you get ANY in :). I'll take 'em off your hands faster than the Porsche guys will!

12. Verell

Verell F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

May 5, 2001
    Groton, MA
    Full Name:
    Verell Boaen
    I already have, but don't have a difinitive answer. I recently called International Auto about door jamb switch # 31602 (Alfa GTV & some Spiders) in their catalog. See:
    http://www.international-auto.com/pdf_files/IAP32.pdf
    It looks very similar to the 308 switch. Meant to do this last time this topic came up.

Unfortunately, they are out of stock, are expecting new ones in mid-April. The tech support person wasn't familiar with details of the switch.

13. enjoythemusic

enjoythemusic F1 World Champ

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Verell,

Can you send me new black plastic housings for both hood and trunk levers? MANY thanks. As for door pin switches, do you mean 31601 or what you typed (31602)? If i find the right part somewhere, anywhere in the world, would gladly do a MONSTER group buy and mail out to folks here accordingly.

Enjoy the Drive,

Steven R. Rochlin

PS: Not sure of the Alfa FACTORY part number? ANyone? http://www.difatta.com/inventory/alfa121702.pdf

14. Verell

Verell F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

May 5, 2001
    Groton, MA
    Full Name:
    Verell Boaen
    Will do as soon as I get the molds made.
    Most likely mid-late April as I'm out of town the last 2 wks of this month & am booked up until then.
    YUP, seems to be my day for finger fumbling.

15. Wayne 962

Wayne 962 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 27, 2003
    These wheels are the same ones that were used on the Porsche 917 and the 911 Carrera RS.

I have confirmed that I will have a bunch of these coming in, in about 2 months. They are being specifically manufactured for us by MOMO, and are the MOMO Prototipo wheel - the same one that is on my 308 right now.

If Rob gives the okay, I will post when we have them in stock.

-Wayne

16. 308 GTB

308 GTB F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 7, 2002
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Barry Wolinsky
    Steve,

Could it be:

006051601200 JAM SWITCH Alfa Romeo listed on page 12?

(There's a "1601" in there)

Barry

17. enjoythemusic

enjoythemusic F1 World Champ

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Barry,

Great eye! Called them and purchased the last three pieces they had. Will keep everyone posted once they arrive how it goes.

Enjoy the Drive,

Steven R. Rochlin

18. 308 GTB

308 GTB F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 7, 2002
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Barry Wolinsky
    Steve,

I just did a search for "switch" in the .pdf Alfa Romeo inventory list you posted and it highlighted that part number. I'm glad they still had those three in stock as the list was from 12/02.

I wonder how many other parts common to both Ferraris and Alfas are in there.

Barry

19. Graham

Graham Rookie

Jan 27, 2004
    Two more items to add to your list of unavailable parts.
    - Koni self levelling units for the rear suspension of my 1980 400i. Not available from Koni or Ferrari, so I have had to install coil over spring dampers like the earlier 400's.
    - My sun visor latch clip broke - no stock and nothing expected to come in.

Regards
    Graham

20. M.James

M.James F1 Rookie

Jun 6, 2003
    Worcester, MA
    Full Name:
    Michael.C.James
    Steve Harris Imports has a 'grounded' 288 GTO in their shop - they need a fuse block for the car. If anyone can assist, I'm sure they'd appreciate a phone call.....

The yellow bumper turn signal lenses for US 308s are getting scarce, I hear......

21. ferdy

ferdy Rookie

Nov 18, 2003
    Australia melbourne
    Full Name:
    Hiran fernando
    Does anyone know where I could find a mirror switch for my 328. I have been looking for years now, and couldnt find one. I have the original switch but the springs and the steel balls inside the switch are missing.
    thks.
    hiran

22. greg512tr

greg512tr Formula Junior
    Owner

Feb 19, 2002
    Dallas TX
    Full Name:
    Greg B
    I haven't located a window crank for my 1960 250 PF coupe yet.

23. Verell

Verell F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

May 5, 2001
    Groton, MA
    Full Name:
    Verell Boaen
    Last I looked, Ferrari.uk had the Euro lenses(amber/clear) turn signal lenses available. However, the all amber NOS US Spec ones haven't been available for a couple of years.

Some fairly shoddy repros have been showing up occasionally from Europe. I got stuck with a pair about a year ago (See my thread in Old Fchat) while looking for a pair of mint NOS ones to reproduce.

Finally found a pair of NOS lenses. They were the left-overs from a long completed production run of Mera bumpers. Never thought I'd be reproducing Mera parts for a 308(LOL). They are authentic NOS ones tho, still in yellow boxes w/black horseys.

Unobtainium Supply will be producing the amber US spec lenses later this year.

24. 4re gt4

4re gt4 Formula 3

Apr 23, 2002
    Roseburg, OR
    Full Name:
    Hans E. Hansen
    F of UK: It appears from another thread that the 308 steering rack is no longer available. I think you could sell enough of these to afford remanufacturing them.

25. Verell

Verell F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

May 5, 2001
    Groton, MA
    Full Name:
    Verell Boaen
    ferdy,
    I've got a pretty good assortment of small steel balls & springs that I use to repair switches. If you want to send me your switch, I'll endevor to find some that'll get it back into service.