Updated 365GTC/4 Website | FerrariChat

Updated 365GTC/4 Website

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by 365GTC/4, Mar 23, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 365GTC/4

365GTC/4 Formula 3

Apr 7, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    Jeff has just refurbished the C4 website and has done a FANTASTIC job. Lots of cool content. Even if you don't own a C4, have a look at it. Very cool and thanks Jeff for doing such a GREAT job.
    See:
    http://365gtc4.com/Home/home.html

In the Library section under "In the Media" there is a great short video of the actual model morphing into the cover art of the album cover of The Cars, Candy-O done by the artist Vargas. Really cool. Well done Jeff finding that little gem.
    Another nice little video on the Homepage is Sergio Pininfarina driving his 365 GTC/4 down what looks like Mulholland Drive in LA.
    Enjoy.

2. gudz

gudz Karting

Nov 23, 2011
    UK
    Full Name:
    Stephen Goodhand
    Agreed, Awesome Job. Thanks Jeff!

Loving the Hugo Boss Ads too!

3. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    Nice to hear....if this ever drifts back down to $200k or so, would definately put it on the short list to buy....great looking cars.

4. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    This probably goes in the pricing thread, but I think you can get one for not much over $200k, if you work at it. It's a buyer's market, and cars have been just sitting there for years. If you offered $200k cash on several of the cars on the market now, I wouldn't be at all surprised if someone took it.

If you are super picky and want a perfect concours car then sure, you'll pay more. But a decent driver with a bit of deferred maintenance-- I think the real money price is in that range, or just slightly higher.

Shark01 likes this.
  5. donv

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    Actually, they're lower than I thought-- I looked away from the market for a few months, and see what happens?

Running and driving, although in need of servicing and some cosmetics... asking $199,500:

https://www.gullwingmotorcars.com/1972-ferrari-365gtc-4-c-3470.htm

One nice thing about C/4s, from what I've seen-- they were built by Pininfarina, and don't tend to rust like the Scaglietti-built cars (Daytonas, for instance).

6. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    Thanks, I may call and get more information.

7. donv

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    Don't be surprised if you have to spend $15-20k on it to make it a reliable driver. The irony is that you could pay $300k for a concours queen and probably would still have to spend the same money on it, post-acquistion. That's just the nature of old cars.

Shark01 likes this.
  8. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    What a well put together site.
    Is there a Daytona registry like this.
    That would be great to do this for each Ferrari.
    GREAT WORK!

9. bertdeboer340

bertdeboer340 Formula 3

Sep 16, 2003
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Bert de Boer
    Looking at my photo's I see several C4's that are not on the site with photo's. If you are interested I can send my photo's so you can use them, here are a few..

Keep up the good work..

Bert
    www.ferrari340america.nl
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

10. 365GTC/4

365GTC/4 Formula 3

Apr 7, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    Bert. Yes please. I will pass on these photos to Jeff. What are the serial numbers of these cars? If you have more I will PM you with an email address where you can send them. Thanks

11. 365GTC/4

365GTC/4 Formula 3

Apr 7, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    This is by far the best individual Ferrari model site I have seen. Jeff has done an amazing job. A fabulous reference for a fabulous car. They are great fun to drive yet very docile and easy to drive. Oh and very well built cars. Electrics are good and no rust.

12. bertdeboer340

bertdeboer340 Formula 3

Sep 16, 2003
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Bert de Boer
    If I know the serial number it's in the name of the photo. I have around 140 photo's from C4's where I know the number of (21 different C4's) and about 40 photos without number..

13. bertdeboer340

bertdeboer340 Formula 3

Sep 16, 2003
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Bert de Boer
    For the Daytona have a look at : https://www.ferrariregistry.net/

14. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    Yea, I am very familiar with that registry. It is so outdated now compared to this GTC/4 site.

15. Zanny1

Zanny1 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2003
    Arizona
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Had a C/4 for 15 years and loved the website. Miss the car and the website support.

16. Ferrari27

Ferrari27 Formula Junior

Jul 5, 2010
    John. This is a great website/registry that you have alerted me to. I have a few photos, with serial numbers, of cars that there do not appear to be pictures of on the site. Is it best for me to post them here, is it possible to send them straight to the site, or shall I send them to you?

Regards,

Robert

17. 365GTC/4

365GTC/4 Formula 3

Apr 7, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    Robert
    PM sent. I have also asked Jeff what is the best email address for him so people can contact him direct.
    John

18. 365GTC/4

365GTC/4 Formula 3

Apr 7, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    #18 365GTC/4, Mar 27, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2018
  19. jefflit

jefflit Rookie

Dec 8, 2005
    Thanks John. Yes, if you have an photos (with serial number) or car info please email me and I'll get them onto the site. At this point we have photos and/or details for a little over half of the 500 cars made. Would love to get more. As you've no doubt noticed, there is no money being made on this -- just a labor of love to serve the community. Also, I keep ownership details protected unless already out there in an ad or such. Of course, if you're already an owner feel to register at https://forum.365gtc4.com/register

20. afwrench

afwrench Formula Junior

Nov 24, 2004
    NY
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Note to all. This site has been around for a number of years. It would be in my humble opinion impossible for most of us to fully understand the amount of time ,money and effort that Jeff has put into this.Much like Tom Yang's site there is no question about the C4 that will go unanswered .Many of the guys have restored the C4 themselves and know every nut and bolt.Many hands on guys,much like here as well, that freely give tips and advise to all.All in all a great sub community in the Ferrari world and we have Jeff L to thank for it. Mike

21. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    More models need a passionate owner group like this one....good luck to all of you!