URUS compared to FF | Page 2 | FerrariChat

URUS compared to FF

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by Jordan68, Oct 14, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    The Urus in a year at $130k will be compelling.

Mbutner, anunakki, Jordan68 and 3 others like this.
  2. bobbyd

bobbyd Formula Junior

Nov 17, 2003
    Interesting comments on these SUV's.

I've owned 6 Porsche's (mostly air cooled 911's or GT3's etc.) and have driven many Cayenne's/Macan's yet have never been impressed to the point of actually considering purchase of these SUV's.

Inspected the Urus recently in detail at the dealer - looked like a fancy Q7/Cayenne to me for $100K premium. Not surprised as basically it's the same company. No thank you.

Range Rover's? I don't have enough time and money to waste so no ......

Bentyga? Don't get me started - plus ugly as sin IMO.

So to accompany our Mini, 911's, M5, Speciale - went out and bought a loaded Toyota Highlander LOL!! Looks and feels like a Lexus, will run forever with little maintenance, and my blood pressure doesn't budge as my wife and kids gradually destroy it over the next decade.

Done.

TroyNVie, PhilaChris, madjid and 5 others like this.
  3. bobbyd

bobbyd Formula Junior

Nov 17, 2003
    One more thing: if you want a sports car get one, not any SUV. If you can afford to daily an FF I say do it - much better drive than all the above...

4. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    #29 IPO1, Oct 18, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2018
    Heck ya grab one. It's perfect 4x4 that hauls *ss. I'm counting down the days until mine arrives next month. Will be paired with Performante on order.

I feel the exact opposite on almost every comment of original OP. Car fit and finish is simply perfect. Largest brakes (ceramic of course standard) of any production vehicle ever, active rear torque-vectoring, adaptive dampers, adjustable-height air suspension, active electric anti-roll bars and active four-wheel steering which makes it so easy to drive.

I've owned two full sized RR and both were worse cars I've ever owned. Electronics were a joke, this or that never worked. Dealer took 4 weeks to repair. Forget it.

Electronics in Urus hard simply amazing. Yep from Audi, nothing wrong with that. You better hope when Ferrari builds theirs they steal from RAM and not Alfa.

I guess someone likes it since they are sold out into 2019. 641HP in SUV that I can take anywhere when I can't take sports car--yep, it's a very good thing.

Twosherpaz, Gh21631, anunakki and 3 others like this.
  5. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    IPO1, by "electronics", you mean gadgets, or proper car electronics?

6. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    In the Range Rover I mean their crappy radio and user interface, bluetooth only working half the time in my last 2017, nav is a complete joke, Apple car play---oh never mind. Electronics. That's what I mean. OH and the 'smart key' worked when it wanted and the driver main screen went out when I was driving once on hwy--that was fun. Three weeks in the shop for them to tell me nothing was wrong. 1 day later same thing happened. 4 more weeks in the shop...once 'fixed' I sold it.

Hope that helps you.

Gh21631 and of2worlds like this.
  7. CrazyMD

CrazyMD Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2012
    Southern California
    Love my Bentayga. Quickly becoming my favorite car. Driving it more than my FF now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dustman likes this.
  8. Jordan68

Jordan68 Formula Junior

May 12, 2015
    Dubai
    Full Name:
    Jordan W

To fix the sensors in my case the dealer spent 2 weeks replacing each and every sensor and the problem continued to exist then they had to bring technicians from another country to fix it... so the car stayed at the dealership for 3 weeks... I just took the delivery and the next day I had to send it back to the dealership

of2worlds likes this.
  9. Jordan68

Jordan68 Formula Junior

May 12, 2015
    Dubai
    Full Name:
    Jordan W
    On the RR side I fully agree, and this is exactly what happened w me, all technicians at the dealer were unable to fix it , and when they brought in the right technician (after 3 weeks) he fixed it in one day

Concerning URUS ... it’s just another SUV, yes it’s nice, looks aggressive, you can feel the power ... but nothing special about it to be hunger to buy it

of2worlds and Caeruleus11 like this.
  10. Jordan68

Jordan68 Formula Junior

May 12, 2015
    Dubai
    Full Name:
    Jordan W
    Exactly ... I have an FF and I hv been using it as a DD since 2015.... it’s just amazing

11. montpellier

montpellier Formula Junior

Aug 27, 2009
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Just to balance that, I have had 7 RR and never had a single issue on anything, best cars I have ever owned . Though I have read examples like above poster.

12. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Same with me. Since 2006 i had one sport, 3 full size hse, an lr3 and 2 lr4s and have never had any issues. From those i kept an 07 hse, 2011 SC, and 2013 lr4 and each of them have 80k miles and no issues. The 2011 will need a timing chain soon and that will be 7k but its a one and done. Plan on keeping all 3 cars for the next 10 years atleast

Now my 07 escalade is a different story. Total disaster over 50k miles since new. Over 20k burnt maintaining that pos.

of2worlds likes this.
  13. Smiles

Smiles F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 20, 2003
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    Matt F
  14. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    All SUV's are just another SUV...just pick your poison and enjoy.

otakki and Boomhauer like this.
  15. BaronM69

BaronM69 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 29, 2005
    Washington DC / FR
    Urus interior is real notch below autobiography rover materials quality.
    Assembly and technology notch above and far above.

16. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    The Alfa Romeo Stelvio QV, without a doubt. Bit of money is no object, I would say that the Urus is hard to match in the speed-sportiness department.

stavura, CETH, IPO1 and 1 other person like this.
  17. PJ72

PJ72 Karting

Jun 1, 2017
    +100

of2worlds likes this.
  18. iloveferrari

iloveferrari Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2014
    USA
    Transformer theme song just started in my head. Kid u not. I think it is a decepticon.

19. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    actually this is a good point/question - when you guys say electronics and technology - what are you talking about? im not sure if i care if my SUV can map a genome etc....

20. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    I don't understand why SUVs are so popular, even with car people. Unless you need to haul junk everyday or have 4 kids that again you need to drive around everyday, I will always go for a sedan.

Is it a status thing? Why would you pick a rover or a bentayga over a flying spur or an M5 or E63 or a Panamera? They all drive so much better than any SUVs, even if SUVs have made tremendous progress in driving sensation since the Cayenne/X5 were introduced. Everytime I drive one, i feel so disconnected from the actual driving.

Chaos, Picchu88, otakki and 1 other person like this.
  21. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    #46 IPO1, Oct 20, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2018
    LOL - SUV's are not status cars.

Buy what you like. No wrong. Some people have different needs/wants.

I will have Urus for SUV, Performante for sports car and 19 Raptor for truck. I cover all of my bases and I have purpose for each with my lifestyle. Living in Texas it makes sense, in Paris/Chicago maybe not.

Sports Car - Having fun whenever I want. 7 days a week or 1 day a week. No matter.
    SUV - Can enjoy in bad weather, when I don't want to take sports car, but still need to have something nice to arrive in and enjoy trip. Still hauls things from Home Depot or Nordstroms. Can seat four people and sit high with 4x4 capabilities
    Raptor - End all to be all. Haul big things, small things, dirty things. Go to ranch. When all else doesn't work pull it out and you're ready.

Cheers.

22. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    I had an FF which was wonderful and I have an Urus on order, it should arrive in 2-3 months. I got to do an extensive drive in the Urus last week and it is an incredible machine and blows away any RR out there. I currently have a 2018 RR and have had 5 or 6 before this one. The SVR is much sportier than the std RR but not even close to a comparison with the Urus. I found the sound and shifting to be inline with the premise of the vehicle, the different modes make a big difference so you have options. Go drive one and see for yourself before taking someones word.

Boomhauer and IPO1 like this.
  23. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    I'll add that I also have a 2018 M5 1st Edition in Frozen red that I DD, the Urus is way more interesting to me even though the M5 is a beast and does most things wonderfully.

IPO1 likes this.
  24. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    I am 99% certain they are the same brakes as the Chiron. I was checking one out the other day and the brakes match up visually. Makes sense since it is the same mother company.

25. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    #50 IPO1, Oct 21, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2018
    Key is 'production vehicle'.

PS - Congrats on your order. Mine hits port mid Nov. Hope it all happens before Thanksgiving :(

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login