Urus | FerrariChat

Urus

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by Gh21631, Jan 4, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Anyone ordering or interested in the Urus? I saw two today in person but wasn't allowed to take pics. Fit and finish is very nice. Interior electronics are the latest and greatest - I assume some of these features will make it into the replacement Huracan as well as the new engine. I was surprised by the front and rear leg room, way more space than I thought there would be. I am considering but having a hard time quantifying $250K for an SUV that I will DD. These cars are headed to the Detroit Auto Show BTW.

Schatten likes this.
  2. Jana

Jana F1 Veteran

Mar 4, 2015
    I was at my dealer a week ago and he said they have a ton of orders. It's really moving. Looks great. I'm not in the market for another SUV, so it's a no for me, but if I was, I'd definitely consider it.

3. therryzsx

therryzsx Formula 3

Dec 2, 2011
  4. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    I order mine today. Need to decide on the colors. It will be a late 18' delivery so not sure what to do in the interim... BTW, you can equip nicely for about $225K or less.

5. wsaraceni

wsaraceni F1 Rookie

Aug 9, 2010
    if i was going to spec one i'd go grigio titans with red calipers. black leather with red stitching on the inside. no q-citura stitching. then i'd buy the sv roadster to match from lamborghini dallas. not that i've thought about this in detail before

6. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    I went with Nimbus and Rossa Rea interior, inverted stitching so not too far off. Q-Citura is a must. :) 23" black wheels and some other things. The options really aren't too bad price-wise compared to Ferrari.

7. JAM1

JAM1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    FL, NY, and MA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I have a feeling we're going to wind up getting one of these too. My wife's Land Rover Velar is going to move to our place in NY and we're looking at various SUVs to replace it in FL as her dd. I like the LWB Rover or possibly the new Mercedes G, but she's pretty fixated on the Urus. I'm kinda shocked to be honest. There are worse things though!

8. footsoldier

footsoldier Karting

Sep 18, 2009
    I've got one on order as well. Hopefully before Christmas.
    Nimbus and Rosso Rea also my current favorite.

9. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    They have to be close to shipping, they are due in the US starting in October.

10. Pinkeltje

Pinkeltje Rookie

Jan 21, 2018
    Can someone tell me what the engine code is for the Urus? Current VW Group engines have a four-letter code such as CRDB, CWUB,CWUC, DDTA, etc. I am aware the 3993 cc block is shared with Audi, but the output in the Urus is a bit higher still at 478kW, versus 445kW for the RS6/RS7/S8 plus.
    Failing that, I would also be happy with the 'old-style' code, like L 303, L 308, L 510, etc., if there is such a thing for the Urus.
    Normally, it is printed on the 'build' sticker in the trunk somewhere, but I have not found it... :(

11. footsoldier

footsoldier Karting

Sep 18, 2009
    Collected mine yesterday, so not had much chance to drive it, but very happy so far.
    Yes, it’s a bit overpriced, but none of its competition come close to being as interesting to me.

Very fast, very well built inside and out (including paint, in person), and good noise, even without the Akrapovic exhaust which has just been released as an OEM option.

JL350, Tu160bomber, Gh21631 and 2 others like this.
  12. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    #14 Gh21631, Mar 3, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2022
    Tu160bomber and footsoldier like this.
  13. Lemacc

Lemacc Formula 3
    BANNED

Mar 16, 2008
    Germany
    Tu160bomber and Gh21631 like this.
  14. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Thank you. I haven't seen another silver one, lots of blue, gray and white. I hope it stays that way. :)

Tu160bomber likes this.
  15. Booker

Booker Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa Miami 2018

Aug 1, 2016
    Dallas, Tx
    Full Name:
    Jack Booker
    that's a super cool option but how much money did u save?

16. Booker

Booker Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa Miami 2018

Aug 1, 2016
    Dallas, Tx
    Full Name:
    Jack Booker
    sarcasm right?

17. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Not really, unless you know these cars or see the badge I don't think you have any idea what it is.

18. footsoldier

footsoldier Karting

Sep 18, 2009
    #20 footsoldier, Apr 12, 2019
    Sorry, missed this until now...
    in the UK, the cost of sports exhaust fitted is around £10k...
    Mine was done yesterday! Not heard it yet, but will report back.

2019 Lambo, 1963 Brabham:

Image Unavailable, Please Login

19. Alib

Alib Rookie

Jun 22, 2007
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Allen
    Would love to know your thoughts now that you've had it for a bit. Specifically the interior color it looks amazing...is it somewhat similar to the Ferrari Cuio when you have it on the seats?

20. footsoldier

footsoldier Karting

Sep 18, 2009
    I really like it. No point debating if it’s a ‘real’ Lambo, as it’s not competing with a Countach! As an SUV, I don’t think there’s anything out there to match it. Proper long distance comfort but also very good handling and fun if you feel like it. Tech is all up to date, everything works, and I can get almost all of the family in it...

Akra exhaust is a good addition, if expensive. I’ve done about 1200 miles so far, but taking it to Europe in the summer (from UK).
    Interior finish is great, and seats are my favorite part too. They are more textured (‘vintage’ in spec) and a bit lighter than cuio I think, but I’ve never had a car with that, so can’t really comment.

I thought I might try it for a bit, then sell and trade back down for another SUV at a lower price. now I’m struggling to go back from a Urus to something less exciting, which they all are.., so probably wish I’d specced a few more extras to keep.

21. gh0st0

gh0st0 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 2, 2018
    Midwest
    The urus is Really growing on me, curious how they hold up in value as time goes on.

22. mathush98

mathush98 Rookie

Sep 25, 2019
    Full Name:
    Mathush Siva
    It'll hold its value pretty well i'd assume considering its a SUV and a Lamborghini. If you drive the car excessively however and put a ton of miles then i'm quite unsure.

23. deppi0

deppi0 Formula 3

Jun 30, 2010
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Edmondo
    #25 deppi0, Feb 14, 2020
    Just got mine a week ago and I love it! Been driving sports cars for the past 10 years (Alfa 4C, Ferrari California and 458 spider) and I had to get a more family oriented car...
    I was very worried i would find it unexciting and a bit dull using it on a daily basis but I am VERY happy!
    Added Akrapovich exhaust which cost a fortune... But we'll worth it as it adds to the drama. An unexpected error occurred. Please try again later. An unexpected error occurred. Please try again later.An unexpected error occurred. Please try again later. An unexpected error occurred. Please try again later.