USGP -- i had the solution! | FerrariChat

USGP -- i had the solution!

Discussion in 'F1' started by enjoythemusic, Jun 20, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. enjoythemusic

enjoythemusic F1 World Champ

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    During the chaos i had the solution. Keep the normal race line clean and clear BUT make another line and add a chicane. This would give teams a choice of lines. Naturally the chicane would have been slower, but drivers/teams could make a choice.

Frankly, if the teams can not 'control' their drivers and have them preserve the car and equipment, they have no place driving the car. PERIOD!

What we saw was a political power play and, frankly my dear, the teams that did not race got what they deserved. Also, the teams could have raised the tire pressures which would have certainly aided in preserving the tire, but at the cost of grip and lower lap times. Yes, in the end we should blame the tire manufacturer for not providing a suitable tire. The track is not new and the surface is a known situation for quite some time now.

The teams that did race should be praised while those who choose not to race simply decided to not adapt to changing conditions and control their drivers in the way they operate their equipment.

2. Neal K.

Neal K. Karting

May 9, 2005
    Clarence, N.Y.
    Full Name:
    Neal
    B.A.R. Honda was disqualified after the San Marino
    G.P. at Imola and suspended from racing for two
    subsequent races, Spain and Monte Carlo.
    Michelin should be given the same suspension,
    denied the opportunity to race at either
    Magny Cours (France) and Silverstone (England).

3. brunner

brunner Karting

May 3, 2004
    Romania
    Full Name:
    C. Salagean