News

Utah Car Gathering

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain' started by Hexnut72, Mar 13, 2009.

1. Hexnut72

Hexnut72 Formula Junior

Nov 22, 2006
    Hey Guys,

I want to have a regular car get together and am looking for some ideas.

My thoughts are a cruise or get together every other Saturday this summer? Possibly have a meeting point in south Salt Lake valley and then do a run up one of the canyons, or a loop up Provo canyon around to Park City and down to Salt Lake. I am hoping that we will out grow the cruise format, more than a dozen or so cars gets to be a big hassle. Eventually I would like to turn it into a get together like the show at The Pavillions in Scottsdale. Any ideas on a good location for that? Ideally they would have lots of parking and some food joints and other businesses that would be happy and supportive of a crowd.

Do you have any other good websites or clubs that we could advertise to/invite people from?

This doesn't need to be limited to any specific car group but it would be nice if it could be car guys and not a bunch of wankers... If you are interested, I am going to set up an email list.

Please email me at utahcarshow@gmail.com. Again, this is in the very early stages, I am just looking for ideas and people that are interested.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. utah997

utah997 Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2007
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Doug
    I'm in. Pm me details.

4. markarelius3

markarelius3 Karting

Jun 17, 2007
    Alpine, UT
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Hex,
    I dont know about regularly, however, the ALMS is at Miller may 15-17. Ferrari needs our support. Corvette usually gets to do a parade lap, if we get enough, i wonder if they will also allow us.
    Mark

5. dysko

dysko Formula Junior

Sep 20, 2005
    Altus
    Full Name:
    Dave
    This has been tried ... Miller people were less than accommodating. However, I think it would be great if someone gave it another go to see what they will do for us.

6. yoda

yoda Formula 3

Sep 27, 2004
    There's an upcoming Larry H. Miller tribute drive:

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Javelin276

Javelin276 Formula Junior

Jan 16, 2005
    Idaho
    Full Name:
    Thor Zollinger
    I'd like to join in every now and then. It's a 3 hr drive from Idaho so I can't see myself driving down there every other week, but I do get down there every other month when I have a good reason.