V8 Levante

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by staatsof, Nov 18, 2017.

1. FerrariChat Miami - Earlybird $ ENDS August 24th at 5pm. https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/ferrarichat-miami-earlybird-ends-august-24th-5pm.582547/ Everything with the event is confirmed and all deposits paid. We already have a double digit number of cars entered including 430 to 488's and 599 to 812's sprinkling in some Californias and classics like 328's. Yes, we have Lamborghinis and McLarens too. We're staying at the Ritz Carlton - Key Biscayne on the beach with events at Homestead Race Track, Miami Design District, The Deck, and Curtiss Mansion.
  1. redcaruser

redcaruser Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2012
    switzerland
    Full Name:
    daniel
    Yes, I know.
    Once I almost bought a race car from the Trofeo MC World Series 2014.

As you can read user Bay had doubts regarding the name "Trofeo" because Alfa Romeo used this name already for a few "special" models. I guess now is it clear, his doubts were unnecessary.

bay likes this.
  2. staatsof

staatsof Five Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Hiddin' in da garden
    Full Name:
    Boo
    For Maserati in the 21st century anyway Trofeo had a very different meaning until now. It was much more than Sport. At best this new version of the Levante is a Sport model so this a quite tortured use of the term for cutesy marketing purposes.
    Maserati has been quite sloppy when it comes to respecting and with the caretaking ever single the end of the 60-70s era GT cars. They neglected to protect the Bora name so now it's VW POS :rolleyes:. They never should have named the Biturbo coupe redesign a Ghibli II because it wasn't one even if it was a nice car. Then they used it again for a mid sized sedan more recently. Is there a Corvette sedan or Thunderbird sedan? No. So Trofeo it its then. Whatever ...

redcaruser likes this.
  3. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicago USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    Very boring side profile. They missed an opportunity to make it stand out more from the side with some interesting differences from the regular model.

4. Foncool

Foncool Karting

Oct 27, 2011
  5. redcaruser

redcaruser Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2012
    switzerland
    Full Name:
    daniel
    IMO you're right Boo, I fully agree, that could be done better.

6. redcaruser

redcaruser Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2012
    switzerland
    Full Name:
    daniel
  7. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    My wife wants one of these Trofeo's and there is nada at the dealership and even limited videos online. Hopefully more info will flow in soon.

8. wrs

wrs Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed Owner

Jul 11, 2015
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    Yeah, same here. We are planning to trade the QP GTS for one later this year if we can get one. I would be happy with the GTS but someone else has said that isn't going to be in the US for another year.

9. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Ok perfect, no rush for us! I have heard nothing thus far.

10. Merak1974

Merak1974 Formula 3

Aug 31, 2009
    Oslo, Norway
    Full Name:
    Gabriel R.G. Benito
    Bundy likes this.
  11. Merak1974

Merak1974 Formula 3

Aug 31, 2009
    Oslo, Norway
    Full Name:
    Gabriel R.G. Benito
    From the article: "A special Levante Trofeo Launch Edition, offered only in the United States and Canada, includes additional black exterior details, a serialized Launch Edition badge on the center console, and available black leather seats with Launch Edition–exclusive blue or yellow stitching. Production of the Levante Trofeo begins this summer with sales expected to start shortly thereafter."

12. staatsof

staatsof Five Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Hiddin' in da garden
    Full Name:
    Boo

Oh goody, who doesn't want a serialized launch edition badge on the center console so that you know it's special! Will it say limited somewhere on the exterior as well? :rolleyes:

13. Merak1974

Merak1974 Formula 3

Aug 31, 2009
    Oslo, Norway
    Full Name:
    Gabriel R.G. Benito
    :D