Valet Parking at FFQC?? | FerrariChat

Valet Parking at FFQC??

Discussion in 'Louisiana' started by Brian C. Stradale, Jan 23, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Brian C. Stradale

Brian C. Stradale F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    In the FFQC info it says:

"Note: Windsor Court will provide a guarded covered garage for all Ferrari's during the events duration."

But in talking with Windsor Court, they provide only valet parking (and that at $28/night). That can't be right, can it? Do you all let them valet all your cars??

Of course, they didn't seem they'd ever even heard of the Ferrari Club, so maybe that paperwork just hasn't bubbled through the system yet.

So, how'd it work last year?

2. Tifosi1

Tifosi1 Formula 3

Feb 17, 2002
    Pearl River, LA
    Full Name:
    Kelly J. Vince
    For the event we make arrangements for the Windsor to let the driver park thier cars them selves or to have a valet do it. I was not charged anything. I don't know of anyone who was, I believe it was all inlcuded Unless john would like to correct me.

They gave us blue key rings and all you had to do was show the valet your key ring and you were allowed in the garage to get you car.

Not only do you have the valets watching the cars, but the detailer work all night washing the cars for people who want them washed an detailed. So, they are there every night All night cleaning cars.

Kelly

3. johnhoughtaling

johnhoughtaling Formula 3

Nov 6, 2002
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    John William H.
    We have full access to three floors of the garage reserved stricly for the ferraris. It is covered and very secure. You can self park the cars yourself. The hotel bends over backwards to help us and even has a crew remove all of the speed bumps normally in place. The place will have security guards, and like kelly said, we will have a professional detail crew there in the evenings, which you can have detail your car if you wish.

4. johnhoughtaling

johnhoughtaling Formula 3

Nov 6, 2002
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    John William H.
    The normal, valet only rules, do not apply to us this weekend. The hotel is fantastic they are responsible and helpful and they let us do whatever we want

5. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Brian, it worked great! Don't worry your head sugar cause dem NO boys know how to throw a party!

DrTax

ps I got your email. Will respond tomorrow.

6. Roland E Linder

Roland E Linder Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    COLORADO
    Full Name:
    Roland E Linder
    I had my LM parked at the Windsor hotel (by myself) and wasn't charged for it on top, they gave me access to electricity during the all
    night. I felt very safe about leaving my car under they roof and so were many of our buddys.
    Roland
    F40LM

7. Brian C. Stradale

Brian C. Stradale F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    Thanks, that's all great to hear. Yeah, I questioned them when they said that... it didn't seem too likely that a Ferrari group would be at a hotel that required valet parking without exception... but the person I was talking too was unaware of the Ferrari Club event and had nothing in their computer on it... so, I guess they were just giving the standard answer. Just wanted to check. And I like the detailing idea... that'll be so much easier given the concorso follows the track event. Very nice! Thanks, Brian

Is there block room rates for the Ferrari event? (Like I said, the person I talked to had nothing in their computer about the Ferrari club... so they could only tell me the "standard" rates.)