Very hot in the 360 Cabin - Does a CS grill help? | FerrariChat

Very hot in the 360 Cabin - Does a CS grill help?

Discussion in '360/430' started by NexLevel, Jul 19, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. NexLevel

NexLevel Karting

Jul 10, 2018
    Full Name:
    Greg Thomas
    Hey guys,

After driving the 360 for about a week now, I find the AC unable to keep up with the heat in the cabin. Every time I get out, I feel like I'm coming out of an oven. :)

The engine bay is always super hot and I'm wondering how much a CS grill helps reduce the heat in the bay and of course inside the cabin.

Thoughts?

2. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    Have your A/C system checked as it may be low in Freon.

My 360 Spider (now sold) and my F430 Spider both have ice cold A/C.

I don't know how much the CS grill can help......

Also, stock exhaust manifold gets super hot and retains heat by design for emission reasons. You may want to look into changing to aftermarket headers.

Dan

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3. NexLevel

NexLevel Karting

Jul 10, 2018
    Full Name:
    Greg Thomas
    The AC blows cold so that's not the issue. I feel like the seats have the heat on or something...it gets extremely hot.

The CS grill by design is going to let a lot more heat escape and I've heard people say the engine bay is much cooler with it but don't know if it's enough to affect the cabin.

Replacing the headers is interesting but i'm assuming aftermarket would still be pretty hot.

4. shad99

shad99 Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2013
    Japatul Valley, CA
    Full Name:
    Andy
    We cross the desert here three to four times a year in our 360 spider with temps to 110 in the summer and the car is very comfortable. Cabin temp set to 70 or 72. If your AC is functioning as designed and the car is "oven-like" then must be a leak somewhere into the cabin which should be easy to find. Engine comp bulkhead is a logical suspect but floor and window seals also. Our car has a challenge grill but I don't think that's your problem. The heat shouldn't vent into the cabin whatever is back there.

whatheheck likes this.
  5. Walt Gamble

Walt Gamble Formula Junior

May 22, 2014
    Agree..our a/c set to Auto works in all conditions...
    Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

6. JoeTSI

JoeTSI Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 16, 2015
    Huntsville, AL
    Full Name:
    Joe K.
    My Spider stays plenty cool, even in the Alabama heat so I imagine you have an issue somewhere that is causing the heat soak. FYI, if you really want to feel heat soak, drive a Viper around for a few hours in extreme heat. Even with aftermarket exhaust and headers, my old Viper would roast my feet with maximum AC.

7. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    I agree 1,000%.

And that's what I'm trying to say. My cabin temp is very comfortable when temp is set at 70F no matter what the weather condition is outside of the car.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

8. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    A Challenge grill will not help with your issue. Get your A/C system looked at.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

9. Kevin Rev'n

Kevin Rev'n Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Are you able to see the aluminum foil covered insulation on the engine-bay access panel at the front of the engine?
    It should be visible if you look carefully. And, get that A/C checked!

Image Unavailable, Please Login

10. John_K_348

John_K_348 F1 Rookie

Sep 20, 2013
    Boston, MA
    Full Name:
    John E. Kenney
    Challenge grill wlll help a bit. But I suspect the culprit is traffic and standing still. The engine cover underneath for the diffuser prevents a good bit of natural convection when standing still. You will see NACA ducts with chimneys underneath the header location on the underpanel. These are nice when you are moving but not very effective standing still. I added washers around the back and side seams of the panel to create a gap. When I have the panel off again next week to do the oil change, I will see about removing the weather strip along the front as well. Who knows, I may even get MORE downforce by mimicking the new F1 tech with slotted floors. ;) Just kidding. Anyway, I don't care about the flow at speed and it may even take more load off the radiators. I added header tape to my capote shields and will see about doing the same to the header side shields when I am under there too. My ac is fine and I get condensation on the windshield when it's humid. ;)