Veterans Affairs with Ferrari class - PICTURES | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Veterans Affairs with Ferrari class - PICTURES

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by tifosi12, Jun 23, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JohnnyS

JohnnyS F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 19, 2006
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    John
    #26 JohnnyS, Jul 24, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2008
    Looks like Sunday is going to be a GREAT day. Predictions of mid 80s temp and partly cloudy.

I am at scout camp now and we have had all weather conditions. Glad to get the rain right away so everything was wet. That way there was no need to avoid getting wet. :D Scout camp has changed, they now have Internet access for the adults. What will they think of next?

2. Dr.T348

Dr.T348 Formula 3

Jan 8, 2004
    Chicago NW Burbs
    Full Name:
    Richard T.
    I am going to have to bail out on this one. My aunt has her 80th b-day Sunday at 11 am???? Anyway can't get out of it.

3. Chelle

Chelle Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 6, 2003
    N. burbs of Chicago
    Full Name:
    Michelle
    We really have been lucky with the weather every year Haley has done this. And for cover from the sun we are bringing a canopy that I'll probably hang Ferrari flags from for us. I'll also bring a few of those collapsible chairs but encourage others to bring some too.
    Richard, you will be missed, but 80th birthday is a heck of a milestone you shouldn't miss. I hope if I make it to that age I'll have some loyal nieces and nephews want to celebrate with me too :)

4. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    We'll be coming with about 5 cars.

See you Sunday but drat, looks like the weather forecast has changed!

5. SpyderGirl

SpyderGirl Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2005
    IL
    Full Name:
    Haley
    Skip, thank you so much!! We will make room for your 5 with the Prancing Horses.

We also got a nice tent with open sides so more folks can relax under it.

And no, it is not allowed to rain. :) See you all Sunday.

6. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    XOXO

7. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Weather should be ok. Dry and eighties all day long.

8. SpyderGirl

Mar 23, 2005
    IL
    Full Name:
    Haley
    Good morning all,

The anti rain dance song worked again for us this year. The truck is loaded with the goodies and grub. We will be leaving the house shortly to start setting up.

Looking forward to seeing folks again, have a safe trip and enjoy the drive! :)

9. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    #34 tifosi12, Jul 27, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  10. carlagio

carlagio Formula Junior

Jul 3, 2005
    Chicagoland
    Full Name:
    Carla G.
    #35 carlagio, Jul 27, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  11. Chelle

Chelle Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 6, 2003
    N. burbs of Chicago
    Full Name:
    Michelle
    THANK YOU SO MUCH TO EVERYONE WHO CAME OUT TODAY. :)
    I'm sure Haley will post something in a bit... she's out in the GTO getting food, but I know she will be sending out thank you notes to everyone individually.
    participants from F-chat donated their time, food, plaques, and their wonderful cars and Haley, the patients, and myself are very grateful.. now that you saw we are back on the road we'll start showing up at more events as well!
    There will be coverage of the event in the Navy base paper and VA newsletter soon, If anyone wants a copy please let Haley or me know.
    :)

12. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    #37 tifosi12, Jul 27, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2008

I'd love to get a copy of the paper, but that goes without saying.

Thanks Chelle for the canopy, it kept us cool all day long. And your recent firewall work with the GTO is beyond what I can even begin to fathom. You're a genie with cars.

13. Carsleuth

Carsleuth F1 Rookie

Dec 22, 2006
    Chicago/NYC
    Full Name:
    Dan C.
    AWESOME PICS GUYS! Sorry I could not make it today I really wanted to but I had another commitment. Looked like fun! I'll be posting my pics from yesterday later on today!

-Dan

14. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    I've been to all 5 shows and it just gets better and better! Great job Haley and Chelle; as usual!

Great pics Andreas and Carla. :)

P.S. I'd like copies too. Chelle, would you bring them when you come to my house?

15. Gerry328

Gerry328 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 25, 2006
    Home
    Full Name:
    Gerry
    Very impressive showing of a large selection of diverse cars. As always, great fun for us and I hope the Vets.

In addition to the great job by Haley, Chelle (including the tent), and Andreas, I wanted to thank Ann and John for helping to feed all of us.

16. SpyderGirl

Mar 23, 2005
    IL
    Full Name:
    Haley
    Thanks to all for the support and help with everything to make this the show it has become.

And yes, a very special thanks to Ann and John for all of the extra goodies and hard work behind the scenes.

Great pictures Andreas and Carla!

Andreas, wonderful plaques again!!

I got word that there were employees setting up inside of the activity/day rooms for the parade this year. They moved furniture, lined up snacks and everything for the guys and gals too ill to come out. They got to sit and see all the cars go by and they loved it. The whole campus is buzzing about it today. This year more than ever, they got to see and hear the cars even if you could not see them too well during the parade.

I could never put in words what this means to me, just know from all my heart, Thank you all. :*)

17. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Thanks, but I merely organized. The design and execution kudos go to Tom Voegeli, aka Mobius Entwine.

18. JohnnyS

JohnnyS F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 19, 2006
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    John
    Thanks Tom for the great plaques.

Ann and I had a great time again this year. This was another wonderful event, thanks to Haley's organizational skills. I am sure Haley had others helping and wish to thank them as well. However, I don't know all, but I do know Chelle, Mark and Haley's Mom were involved. Thank you!

19. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    Thank you to everyone who participated in this event. Of all the purposes to assemble a group of car lovers, it's hard for me to think of a better reason. One of the most difficult things for me to come to grips with the past few years has been the loss of personal time--these are the types of events I want my son to experience as he grows. I admire how many of you are always so quick to participate, no questions asked. You all have my deepest respect, thank you again, and I vow to get myself to a point where events like this are a lock on the calendar.

Jack

20. Mobius Entwine

Mobius Entwine Karting

Jun 9, 2005
    Roscoe, IL
    Full Name:
    Tom
    #45 Mobius Entwine, Jul 30, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2008
    I wish I could have been there. It looks like a wonderful event.

I'm glad people liked the design. I am very glad to have helped out in some way.

Andreas should get all the credit for getting the plaques produced and delivered. Andreas sent me the specifications for the plaque artwork, and all I did was design the artwork and send it to Andreas, and he got the plaques made. He put it all together. Thank YOU Andreas!