visited WWC in spring valley today | FerrariChat

visited WWC in spring valley today

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by mrp_e, Feb 28, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mrp_e

mrp_e Formula Junior

Dec 19, 2003
    Coasts
    Full Name:
    Bill
    with my 3 yr old (already an F car nut) and saw among other things a pretty ratty daytona. pealing paint off the roof and everything. we both loved it - was clearly a driver and wasn't pampered. also had a pretty dismantled f50 in the back... front was on one side of the shop, rear on another, engine on a table, rear axle off to the side.

place was buzzing with shoppers too. must have been weather. i dont get the interest in maserati. 90k for a lexus-looking 2 door? i'm sure the 360 engine is great and all but, i'll take a boxer or 96-97 456.

2. Red360Stradale

Red360Stradale Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    Bergen County, NJ
    Full Name:
    Kris G
    Did you talk to Dean in the parts dept. He's such a great guy.

I'm sorry but the Maserati Coupe does not look like a Lexus.

3. noahlh

noahlh Formula 3

Aug 28, 2003
    NYC, NY
    Full Name:
    Noah
    I was up at WWoC on Friday -- very cool place. Spoke with Jim Murphy (service manager) and he showed me around the shop ... they have a really top-notch operation, and seem very straightforward.

And I saw some cool cars in the shop! F40LM, F50 (in 2 pieces), TR, 308, 328, 348TS, 355 spider, 360 spider...

4. Diablo

Diablo Formula Junior

I know Dean too, he must have paid you to say good things, LOL....

In all seriousness, he is one of the most dedicated Parts guys around.
    Most parts guys would say that some parts are hard to get and then blow you off, but Dean has come through for many people. He even scoured the world for for 2 F-40 head gaskets that no one made anymore. Heck I think he got them to manufacter some for everyone else too...

5. F SPIDER

F SPIDER F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jan 30, 2002
    NYC, A'dam, W'stock
    Full Name:
    rijk rietveld
    MRP_E

That is my Daytona. And yes, I drive it a lot. The cracking and pealing of the paint on the roof happened in a few short months. That is why it is in the shop.

Rijk

6. mrp_e

mrp_e Formula Junior

Dec 19, 2003
    Coasts
    Full Name:
    Bill
    my sincerest apologies for calling your car "ratty." i should only be so lucky to have a daytona. hope to see you around town (i'm upper east side)

7. F SPIDER

F SPIDER F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jan 30, 2002
    NYC, A'dam, W'stock
    Full Name:
    rijk rietveld
    mrp_e

No offence taken. I usually do not care much if the car is dirty let alone in concourse condition. As long as it runs as great as it does, I'm happy.

Rijk (midtown-west)

8. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    Rijk
    After driving over 150mph for more than a hour park in the shade. The paint will last longer.
    Best

9. F SPIDER

F SPIDER F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jan 30, 2002
    NYC, A'dam, W'stock
    Full Name:
    rijk rietveld
    Jim,

The paint actually started cracking after WWoC left my car outside on their parking lot in the sun for a few days.

Rijk

10. notoboy

notoboy F1 Rookie

Jul 8, 2003
    NYC
    Full Name:
    David
    A couple winters ago, WWoC left my car outside and I don't know what they were doing nearby, but I had to clay the entire car to get paint residue off, it was on the paint, glass, aluminum, everything. I think they ought to invest in car covers when they place your $100+ car outside for days at a time.

11. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    WTF! That's ridiculous. They are officially on my black list now. No way to treat an F-Car (or any car, for that matter).

12. Diablo

Diablo Formula Junior

Are you nuts!!!!
    Any car?? Do you think the valet or any parking garage treats you car nice, I think not.

Once when I was in Vegas, the Valets(yes two of them) jumped into my 355 spider. Yes they jumped into it because they couldn't find the door handles on the outside. Was I pissed, also do to the fact that two of them didn't need to be in my car and they didn't have to drive around the parking lot that many times to get to me... I felt like Ferris Bueller...!!!

As for being blacklisted, it's your choice to ignore quality work.
    Big deal if my car sits out side a day or two. I leave it outside sometimes, heck, it even gets rain on it at times...
    I just maintain it like ever car nut should, good wax and leather conditioner.

13. Diablo

Diablo Formula Junior

They do have covers.

Justin was telling me that they had a lot.

14. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    I'm not sure what the point of your post is. First you state you yourself got pissed when valet's treated your car badly, which precisely reinforces my earlier comment that nobody's car should be mistreated, but then claim not to understand my reaction when I posted the same thought about the treatment of notoboy's vehicle.

Let me make something very clear to you: it does reflect on the dealership and the quality of their work when cars are damaged by the dealer's lack of attention to where the car is stored when with them -- no matter how good the rest of their shop is. As you can see here, both Rijk and notaboy indicate they were dissastisfied with the way their cars were stored/handled while at WWoC. In fact, if I were Rijk, I would be furious with them.

Just because WWoC has a strong reputation for their maintenance group (and I would be the first to admit it), does not excuse, nor given them the right, to treat customer car's so shabbily during storage to the point where the vehicle's paint gets affected. If I hear one or two more anecdotes like this, you're damn right I will be taking my business elsewhere. There are enough guys out there that will take care from the point you drop it off to the time you pick it up for me not to have to worry about what WWoC is going to do. Maybe these were one off incidents. Maybe not. But you can betcha that I'm going to keep an eye on them as a result of the posts from Rijk and notoboy.

Second, you state that you're fine with leaving your car out and (at times) in the rain, implying that it's no big deal. Maybe you're fine with it, but I can tell you that a number of owners take care of their car in a very different manner than you do. And just because you're happy with your leaving your car out and in the rain, doesn't mean that any of us have to take comfort in doing the same, especially as I don't see you being an authority on Ferrari workmanship.

This board is all about the expression of different opinions Diablo. But if you've got a point to make (or refute), do so in a construction manner, and one that is beneficial to all.

15. F SPIDER

F SPIDER F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jan 30, 2002
    NYC, A'dam, W'stock
    Full Name:
    rijk rietveld
    Notoboy,

At WWoC they put the cars inside the shop or the barn at night, but during the day they are on their lot. I've seen a wet Enzo outside, but so what. I've driven my Daytona in the rain.

Ghost,

What do I gain by being furious? Are there dealers that keep the cars inside all the time? It is unfortunate, but it could have happened also at Miller or FoLi. I like the guys at WWoC. Kevin, Sal, Jim, Justin, Rosario, Dean and the rest of them are taking very well care of my car, and I want to keep it that way.

Rijk

16. Diablo

Diablo Formula Junior

My point was that it is not just any car... it is a Ferrari. If the valet's jumped into a bug convertble, big deal...

I would try to see for myself ghost. I'm not saying that they are the greatest of places, but just comparing them to other dealers out there.

Okay, point taken. But you don't know me. Heck, I could be a high school student that just likes Ferrari's to an Engineer that just designed your latest
    F1 shifter software update...

If anything the MOD can remove what they seem fit.
    We all have differing opinions.

17. andrew911

andrew911 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2003
    Northern NJ
    "My point was that it is not just any car... it is a Ferrari. If the valet's jumped into a bug convertble, big deal"

I have a bug convertible and I take offense to that comment.

Just kidding- just trying to lighten the mood. (not kidding about having a VW bug through:) ) They should at least put a covering over the lot or something- I was just up at WWOC this past Saturday & saw some nice cars out there....I want the red 355 spider that's outside- beautiful! They had one in the showroom, but it looked a little worn in the interior to me I guess due to 22K miles...but they seem to be asking top dollar for it