Visiting the Big Island, anyone want to do Lunch? | FerrariChat

Visiting the Big Island, anyone want to do Lunch?

Discussion in 'Hawaii' started by Tad Cody, Oct 10, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Tad Cody

Tad Cody Formula 3

Sep 9, 2006
    Over here!
    Full Name:
    Take a guess...
    #1 Tad Cody, Oct 10, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2010
    Aloha, Hawaiian F-chatters!

Just found out that by luck, I'll be in Hawaii soon. Wife has a few meetings, I'll just be having a few Mai Tais. ;)

I've been to Oahu and Kauai before, but not the Big Island, so please chime in with suggestions of must-see beaches, hikes, waterfalls, car collections (!), etc. Wife and I are in pretty good shape, so 10-milers are not out of the question... we like to go off the beaten path a bit and see beautiful places.

Leslie only has a full day of meetings on that Monday (and will be taking the rental car), so wanted to see if anyone would like to meet for drinks/lunch while I'm there. We're staying at the Royal Kona Resort on the West side, so proximal to there would be ideal or I'll be thumbing a ride. :)

Also up for meeting at other times if anyone would like... no big plans other than 'get sun'!

Mahalo,
    Tad

2. krisdisk

krisdisk Formula Junior

Mar 29, 2009
    Flanders Belgium
    Full Name:
    Kris De Bruyne
  3. Glassman

Glassman F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

On the south side of your hotel is a little beach owned by the hotel. It is very nice for lounging around. There is a nice place just north of the airport that has a long drive in and you will have to walk to the beach but lots of turtles always there.

Incidentally your hotel has great food and just about the best dining view on the island.
    For some great Thai head north on Alii, go through the village, and after the road curves at the King Kam Hotel and you get to the stop light, look across the street and left. You will see the Firestone Tire store. The restaurant is behind the tire store. I don't know the name but everybody I know just calls it "the firestone thai place".

4. Tad Cody

Tad Cody Formula 3

Sep 9, 2006
    Over here!
    Full Name:
    Take a guess...
    Sounds like a fun time, and some good guys, Kris! Congrats on your recent marriage!

Glassman, thanks for the suggestions. We'll certainly be eating at our digs once or twice, and love Thai, so will try to hit the 'Firestone' as well. :)

And thanks for the edits, Wayne.

So... Anyone around mid-November?

Cheers,
    Tad

5. Glassman

Glassman F1 World Champ

Sorry, I'm not back on island till the last week of Nov.

6. Pass

Pass F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 29, 2008
    Salida Colorado
    Full Name:
    Mark Passarelli
    I hate to be so unhospitable but I am absolutly swamped moving in this week.. When my house and shop are under control and all my stuff is put away I would welcome all F-chatters... Mark

7. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
  8. Glassman

Glassman F1 World Champ