Vitaloni Californian Mirror Question? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Vitaloni Californian Mirror Question?

Discussion in '308/328' started by MikeRSR, Oct 9, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. lm2504me

lm2504me Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 26, 2004
    Nipomo, CA
    Full Name:
    Richard
    I am looking for a photo of the original machine screws to attach the driver side mirror. Vitaloni
    1979 308 GTS

2. kilof16

kilof16 Rookie

May 27, 2016
    Hi, Hoping this thread is still alive. I need to replace my Driver side Californian Mirror on a 1978 308 GTB. I believe the original is still mounted (as shown in pictures). Question, the leading edge is rounded unlike most of the reproductions I see out there. Also, my base appears to be metal, not plastic. Does anyone know: 1) if a metal base is correct/original, 2) where I can find just the mounting gasket and base itself, as I want to continue using the actual mirror. Thanks!

Attached Files:

3. PDB

PDB Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2011
    Leicestershire, UK
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Front what I’ve seen, the original base style is different to what is currently available. They also fix to the car in a different way.
    I found my period mirror on eBay, having previously bought a new one from Superformance and wasn’t happy with it.
    This is what I believe to be the correct period style.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. lm2504me

lm2504me Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 26, 2004
    Nipomo, CA
    Full Name:
    Richard
  5. PDB

PDB Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2011
    Leicestershire, UK
    Full Name:
    Paul
    They look the same as the ones currently available, so they would probably be right for the OP’s ‘78 308.