WANTED: Ignition switch Maserati Mexico 1966 | FerrariChat

WANTED: Ignition switch Maserati Mexico 1966

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by cj900ss, Nov 16, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. cj900ss

cj900ss Rookie

Aug 5, 2014
  2. thecarnut

thecarnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 22, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    The Car Nut
    Most Fiat and Alfa stand alone ignition switches from that era will work. They may not look identical to yours but the function is the same. Just make sure the switch uses the same type of connectors. Do a search on ebay and you should find several alternatives.

Ivan

3. red27

red27 Formula Junior

Sep 7, 2010
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Mark Oliver
    Hi Christophe. That switch is identical to my early Ghibli ignition. I think Alfa 2600 too. Does the key seem worn and is that causing it not to Turn?
    If that is the case, the amazing people at keys4classics.com can provide a perfect code-cut key if you email them the pictures you have posted. All they need in fact is the make and the code G29 stamped on the bezel. They did this for me as I had no keys at all, and even more astonishingly they then provided petrol flap keys from pictures of the disassembled lock wafers I sent them.
    They are in Australia, but I had my keys within a week, I can't speak highly enough of them and would use them again in a flash.
    I hope that this may solve your problem, worth a try anyway I would think, and really cheap, about $15 per key IIRC.

Fingers crossed.

Mark.

4. red27

red27 Formula Junior

Sep 7, 2010
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Mark Oliver
  5. JulianMerak

JulianMerak Formula 3

Great info Mark!