Wanted! Steering linkage Ferrari Part No. 104865 | FerrariChat

Wanted! Steering linkage Ferrari Part No. 104865

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by Dee, Nov 21, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dee

Dee Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 29, 2012
    Berlin, Germany
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    Dearest Enthusiasts,

I've been looking for a part of the steering linkage Ferrari Part No. 104865 (no. 33 in the diagram at http://www.eurospares.co.uk/parttablePopup3.asp?ID=1398975), that fits all the following Ferrari Models: 365 GT4 2+2, 400 GT, 400i and 412.

Can anyone share his or her ideas how I could get a hold of this part? With it comes roadworthiness of my Ferrari an d I would love to see it back on the road after almost 15 years of playing "sleeping beauty".

Thank you very much for your help!
    Dee

2. SouthJersey400i

SouthJersey400i Formula 3

Mar 14, 2007
    Romulus, NY (Finger Lakes)
    Full Name:
    Ken Battle
    Dee

If you were in US I know exactly where to find one for you. I am sure he would ship to Germany but you should be able to find part closer to home.

This part should be in good condition on 90% of any parts car unless it had a heavy front-end collision.

If you want part from US, contact Fred Petroske at Mostly British in Upstate NY. He has several 400 parts cars; I got a steering gear from him and other parts. <[email protected]>.

Ken

3. 2NA

2NA F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 29, 2006
    Twin Cities
    Full Name:
    Tim Keseluk
  4. Eriksol

Eriksol Guest

Hello

I have the same problem, did you find a solution ?
    Did you refurbish or did you find a replacement?

Eriksol

5. blkprlz

blkprlz Formula 3

Mar 24, 2007
    Tampa bay
    Full Name:
    Bruce
    From a subsequent post, I see you started another thread like this one a year ago with replies suggesting to machine out the rose ends&#8230;I'm assuming that at this point, you've decided not to go that route.

I've seen Eurospares breaking a few of these cars, I would think they would have this part&#8230;it doesn't seem to me that this would be a highly sought after part.
    They should have it. The only one they show at this time is a black 412 but a number of 400i's were being broken down within the past year.
    Give them a call or e-mail them.

http://www.eurospares.co.uk/breaking2.asp?page=91

6. rustytractor

rustytractor Formula 3

Mar 25, 2012
    London
    Full Name:
    Russell Schacter
    Dee,

If yours can be rebuilt I suggest doing that - I know someone who says they can do it and will get a price for the work if you like. I've also sent you a PM